website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

22 hours ago, hckošice said:

This is same for all European markets, national broadcasters (except Russia) All countries have rights to broadcast the Olympics only in 1 channel and have limit of around 300 hours they can broadcast

Archery Ranking Round and Shooting Qualifiers definitely will not be broadcasted. Must be a mistake or they will just show rowing instead.

In the Uk it’s slightly better as the BBC is allowed one channel and one stream so can show two events at once and I don’t believe have a hours limit as it seems to be continuous coverage on both. 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

While I can get Eurosport’s feeds if I subscribe to the Player via Amazon Prime I am going to buy a firestick to be able to access and subscribe to the proper Eurosport Player app (My Tv is slightly too old) and switch to Discovery + if needs be. 

Firestick is definitely good because you can use the remote to control the player, FF etc.  Very much better. Discovery+ is also on Firestick, but neither are on Roku.

Eurosport schedule for Wednesday 21st. Day -2

No Softball live schedulled, just some Olympic magazins and highlights from previous games during the european night.

First thing in the program is 10:30 :USA vs :SWE W Football Live

then from 13:00  :NED vs :ZAM

and from 15:00 1 hour of :GBR vs :CHI , 16:00 1 hour of :JPN vs :CAN

No live coverage on Eurosport 2 during this day.

I imagine the Eurosport schedules will vary by national feed. Like I can’t imagine Eurosport UK showing USA v Sweden live and letting the BBC (who have announced they will be showing GB v Chile) be the sole network showing the main attraction in the UK. I suspect  Eurosport 1 and BBC will be pretty similar a lot of the time because I doubt Eurosport will want to miss out on showing live the biggest attractions in the UK. Especially as the BBC also have an online stream to take second biggest event going on at any one time as well. 

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

No Softball live schedulled, just some Olympic magazins and highlights from previous games during the european night.

Oh well. If you have the ESP Player, you can watch everything, live or delayed, with OBS commentary.

I get some painful flashbacks just remembering back when I was fully dependent on our national TV broadcaster...

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, bmo said:

Do any of my American friends know when NBC is going to release their broadcast schedule? @Olympian1010@quaker2001 @Triplecast

@Quaker2001 is definitely the one to ask about that.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

I saw the schedule for the 24th... It's a fucking shit.