website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Oh well. If you have the ESP Player, you can watch everything, live or delayed, with OBS commentary.

I get some painful flashbacks just remembering back when I was fully dependent on our national TV broadcaster...

Sure. I do not even envisaged to watch Eurosport in TV during the Olympics, I will have either our RTVS2 or the Czech ČT Sport (more often the Czechs I guess) and just non-stop Eurosport Player in my PC :d

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

I imagine the Eurosport schedules will vary by national feed.

Which is why Eurosport Player/Discovery+, so you can choose what you want to watch yourself.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, bmo said:

Do any of my American friends know when NBC is going to release their broadcast schedule? @Olympian1010@quaker2001 @Triplecast

I stopped looking at schedules,  I don't even watch NBC anymore.   I watch everything on NBColympics on a computer and a roku on all my tv's.    Main NBC disappointed me too many times with their story first coverage 

Wait, the Eurosport schedule varies by country? That definitely hasn't been the case for the Olympics. Or maybe it is for the bigger European nations? They never showed Hungarian events on the Hungarian Eurosport, unless it was one of the most watched sports for neutrals, like swimming. I always assumed that ES1 has the same schedule everywhere, while ES2 sometimes varies based on regional TV rights (which is why we only have Wimbledon on ES2 in Hungary as ES1 can't show it). 

6 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Wait, the Eurosport schedule varies by country? That definitely hasn't been the case for the Olympics. Or maybe it is for the bigger European nations? They never showed Hungarian events on the Hungarian Eurosport, unless it was one of the most watched sports for neutrals, like swimming. I always assumed that ES1 has the same schedule everywhere, while ES2 sometimes varies based on regional TV rights (which is why we only have Wimbledon on ES2 in Hungary as ES1 can't show it). 

Doesn’t the feed have to change because of the language differences. Like when I go on holiday the German Eurosport is available in my hotel room but I can’t imagine they would air that coverage in Hungary with all the presenting and commentary in German.

10 minutes ago, Vektor said:

There is an ES International which is a common feed with dubbed languages,  but also British, French, German etc.  If we in Britain want to watch canoeing we have to go to International, because British is always showing motorbikes, snooker etc.

6 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

There is an ES International which is a common feed with dubbed languages,  but also British, French, German etc.  If we in Britain want to watch canoeing we have to go to International, because British is always showing motorbikes, snooker etc.

Okay, that makes sense, I thought that this was about changing the ES International feed by nation. I haven't paid much attention to Eurosport for more than a decade now, the British Eurosport is the only national version that I remember being a thing during the "old days". 

Pan-European Eurosport 1 always shows the same feed in every country. Eurosport 2, as mentioned, can vary in programming depending in regional rights/interests. 

On the contrary to many people here, i find their coverage to be very good and i'm glad the Olympic rights reverted back to them. I'm dreading the time, which we only had our public broadcaster...

Main TV will be on the E1/E2 all day and i'll use my laptop and my home office stationary for everything else i'd like to watch. :)  

19 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Pan-European Eurosport 1 always shows the same feed in every country. Eurosport 2, as mentioned, can vary in programming depending in regional rights/interests. 

This is not true. In the UK (and by extension Ireland), they have their own Eurosport 1 feed too 

there’s obviously some common programming but it’s definitely a specific UK fees

5 minutes ago, dodge said:

This is not true. In the UK (and by extension Ireland), they have their own Eurosport 1 feed too 

there’s obviously some common programming but it’s definitely a specific UK fees

Eurosport has quite a lot of rights differences between mainland Europe and the UK and Ireland so could never share a schedule. 

And even when programming is shared all the commentary and presenting is different as Eurosport would never put out a dubbed feed in the UK.