website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

2 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

I know this is meaningless to anyone not in the United States, but they just released their full TV schedule..

TOKYO OLYMPICS LISTINGS

I put together a big spreadsheet of all the event listings.  I'll share that here once I add all this info in.

It’s good to see the opening ceremony is at least shown live in the USA.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bmo said:

FINALLY!!!

My thoughts exactly.  Was worried this wouldn't come until after the weekend.

1 minute ago, Orangehair43 said:

It’s good to see the opening ceremony is at least shown live in the USA.

They had a press release about that a few months ago.  Yes, absolutely it's long past time to have that happen.  Of course, who knows what the Ceremonies will look like without spectators in attendance

Just now, Quaker2001 said:

They had a press release about that a few months ago.  Yes, absolutely it's long past time to have that happen.  Of course, who knows what the Ceremonies will look like without spectators in attendance

Through the closing ceremony is only live on Peacock which I believe is a streaming service?

5 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Correct

I wonder if that is because more people would watch the closing love as it’s a weekend morning compared to the weekday morning of the opening ceremony. 

Here in the UK the opening ceremony is only fully shown once live and in the evening they will be 60 minutes of highlights.

I can’t remember if in 2016 when the ceremonies were overnight were a full rerun shown in the morning. I stayed up and watched both fully live. 

13 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

There'll still be VIP's there I think so it won't be as bad as most expect.

5 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

I wonder if that is because more people would watch the closing love as it’s a weekend morning compared to the weekday morning of the opening ceremony. 

Here in the UK the opening ceremony is only fully shown once live and in the evening they will be 60 minutes of highlights.

I can’t remember if in 2016 when the ceremonies were overnight were a full rerun shown in the morning. I stayed up and watched both fully live. 

NBC and some of their cable networks still have programming all throughout that Sunday, so they probably want to save TV coverage of the Closing Ceremony until that night.  And the streaming option is still there for those who want to watch it live

48 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

I know this is meaningless to anyone not in the United States, but they just released their full TV schedule..

TOKYO OLYMPICS LISTINGS

I put together a big spreadsheet of all the event listings.  I'll share that here once I add all this info in.

Very little appears to be on Peacock. I guess a cable subscription will be required to watch on NBCOlympics?

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

Very little appears to be on Peacock. I guess a cable subscription will be required to watch on NBCOlympics?

Yes, I believe you need a cable subscription 

Just now, NearPup said:

Correct, but note there are some big ticket events on Peacock, notably gymnastics and track and field.  And they are on the free version of Peacock rather than the premium service (with the exception of men's basketball, that's premium), so that's a big deal for them to be offering anything up for free rather than putting it behind a paywall