website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

I see that the Eurosport/Discovery cycling subsidiary GCN+ is advertising itself as an Official Broadcaster & will be showing ALL the different cycling events including even triathlon throughout Europe - except :RUS & :FRA, where people obviously don’t worry about cycling.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I see that the Eurosport/Discovery cycling subsidiary GCN+ is advertising itself as an Official Broadcaster & will be showing ALL the different cycling events including even triathlon throughout Europe - except :RUS & :FRA, where people obviously don’t worry about cycling.

We don't need to worry, we have a public channel broadcasting it free for the major event held in France and we have another free sport channel (l'équipe) broadcasting track cycling and mountain biking. If you are a cycling fan you can add the eurosport player to miss nothing.

1 hour ago, stepansevs said:

I am looking forward on Monday.

Every Monday there Is published TV schedule (Czech TV) for other week And on this Monday we will see TV schedule for week 19.7.-25.7. (first 2 full day of olympics) :-)

ČT Sport already announced a couple of days ago they will have during the games non-stop coverage during the whole 2 weeks, but since Eurosport will be the main right owner, they will have to deal with some 300 hours limit, they are going to focus mainly on Czech athletes (Česká stopa https://sport.ceskatelevize.cz/clanek/olympijske-hry/tokio-2020/ct-sport-nabidne-z-tokia-kompletni-ceske-vykony-kvuli-podminkam-ale-budou-chybet-experti/60d39acad60dfef4a4818da7 :d), which is cool since I will watch mainly your ČT Sport  & our RTVS 2 (Slovak TV have the same 300 hours limit as your TV)

Also for the online universe it will be officially Eurosport Player in CZE & SVK to watch everything else live & on demand.

Who do not have it, hurry up !  The special pre-Olympics sale is still in  4.99 EUR/month here so far (24.99 the Year :hyper:)

eurosport-player.jpg

19 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

What will I need to connect to local streams?

Well basically for mexican streams you just have to go to the clarosports.com website or youtube channel that like I mentioned will have 4 live streams running 24/7 during the Games. 

Once the official clarosport olympic website is set up and published I will let you know, don't worry

Also on free national tv our main 3 tv stations (Televisa, TV Azteca & Imagen TV) owns the rights for free to air tv coverage of the Games 

just wondering if and where the traditional satellite tv feeds will be placed this time (and which kind of encryption they will use...I hope they're not going with biss 2)...:mumble:

it might be the best option overall to watch the Games with traditional tv technology instead of the sometimes unreliable online streaming...:rolleyes: :p

On 03/07/2021 at 13:31, stepansevs said:

I am looking forward on Monday.

Every Monday there Is published TV schedule (Czech TV) for other week And on this Monday we will see TV schedule for week 19.7.-25.7. (first 2 full day of olympics) :-)

First days Schedules of our TVs out

ČT Sport https://www.ceskatelevize.cz/tv-program/24.07.2021/

RTVS 2  https://www.rtvs.sk/program?date=2021-07-24

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

and Day 2

and obviously for the surprise of nobody :SVK TV being :SVK TV...

4 Hours of Canoeing Slalom qualifiers live interrupted just by Canoeing Slalom TV Studio :hyper: I bet all I have we will be the only TV in the world to do it

obrázok.png

obrázok.png

obrázok.png

well, now we can choose thanks to Eurosport Player, but until the last time...God bless Slovak TV, because it was the only option in the world to watch Slalom Canoeing qualification runs...:p

by the way, I see that your schedule will be a lot more interesting than the Rai TV's in Italy (will we see anything else than our Volleyball team, Swimming and Cycling if no Italians are fighting for the medals in the other sports? I don't think so...:finger: :facepalm: and in case, it would be those boring things like Dressage, Tennis and/or Gymnastics prelims, which is even worse :nopompom:)...

so, don't underestimate the Slovak TV...you could get something a lot worse than that...:whistle: :rofl: