website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) Wouldn't say that they are amazing in rowing.

2) Why are GB/Netherlands/Romania/USA "amazing" in rowing but not in canoeing?

3) Why is Hungary amazing in canoeing but not in rowing?

4) Why is Hungary amazing in sprint canoeing but not slalom canoeing?

Still no answers :) UK has no traditions. Germany, Poland  are in the same level in both. Maybe some Italians could say sth about that.

Well, this probably means the final nail in the coffin, as very likely (and deservedly the funds for canoe sprint will be cut to minimum, no need to waste any money on a federation whic is not able to even qualify one boat to the Olympics). Nobody was seeing this happen (or better say did not want to see it)

It was nice while it lasted. Literally All my life I saw our athletes fighting for medals at the Olympics, and many times they delivered (K4 in regular basis) now it will be hard to accept that it suddenly stopped (There will be a lot of carnage in our fedaration and many heads will fall I guess, but, it will come too late and end in vain, no olympics = no funds = end).

22 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Still no answers :) UK has no traditions. Germany, Poland  are in the same level in both. Maybe some Italians could say sth about that.

Yes, since there are no "anwers". The majority of countries are good in one of those sports, but not both. You could also ask why Poland/Canada are so amazing in hammer throw, but not existant in discus throw. Why is Denmark amazing in badminton but not existant in table tennis? Why is Germany amazing in table tennis but not existant in badminton? You also have to take into consideration that the talent pool for those sports is very limited in most countries, so most countries can't contend for medals in both sports at a global level, even China is struggling.

Germany is much better in canoeing, not sure about Poland.

Italians might be able to tell you why they are good in rowing (not sure if italians would even agree that they are good in rowing, at least at the senior level) and not existant in canoeing. One athlete (german-born Josefa Idem) has won more than 1/3 of the (gold) medals Italy ever won at sprint canoeing world championships.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yes, since there are no "anwers". The majority of countries are good in one of those sports, but not both. You could also ask why Poland/Canada are so amazing in hammer throw, but not existant in discus throw. Why is Denmark amazing in badminton but not existant in table tennis? Why is Germany amazing in table tennis but not existant in badminton? You also have to take into consideration that the talent pool for those sports is very limited in most countries, so most countries can't contend for medals in both sports at a global level, even China is struggling.

Germany is much better in canoeing, not sure about Poland.

Italians might be able to tell you why they are good in rowing (not sure if italians would even agree that they are good in rowing, at least at the senior level) and not existant in canoeing. One athlete (german-born Josefa Idem) has won more than 1/3 of the (gold) medals Italy ever won at sprint canoeing world championships.

yeah, yeach sure whatever...

Italy barely exist  now in this sport - in many places the conditions for canoe and rowing was the same, because they are connected with riviers.

Germany is famous from good rowing and canoe.

Poland used to have 1 or 2 medals from canoe/rowing each Olympics - but we have quute big team from both events. (It will change now our rowing is dying).

For me Italy has great team in rowing (gold, 2 bronzes and many places top 8). But in canoe I did not see any quota right now. I think they are better in non-olympics events, and they were good in 200M distance, and now we have a change.

I am asking about base, history and how this sport is important for them.

49 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Still no answers :) UK has no traditions.

The weird thing for me is that GB is very strong in paracanoe - they topped the medal table in Tokyo - so clearly the programme is there, they just haven't been able to attract the talent to the sport since the likes of Tim Brabants and Liam Heath retired

4 minutes ago, Adriano said:

yeah, yeach sure whatever...

Italy barely exist  now in this sport - in many places the conditions for canoe and rowing was the same, because they are connected with riviers.

Germany is famous from good rowing and canoe.

Poland used to have 1 or 2 medals from canoe/rowing each Olympics - but we have quute big team from both events. (It will change now our rowing is dying).

For me Italy has great team in rowing (gold, 2 bronzes and many places top 8). But in canoe I did not see any quota right now. I think they are better in non-olympics events, and they were good in 200M distance, and now we have a change.

I am asking about base, history and how this sport is important for them.

Italy had a great team in rowing, only man rowing, now everybody Is retiring and we are struggling, i see only 3 men boat in Paris. Canoeing has Always been less important than rowing in Italy, if we dont consider the 90's we have Always  been very weak, and in this period we were Better in 200 with Rizza and Di Liberto. Strangely we now are better in canoe where we really never existed than kayak where we had people like Rossi,,Bonomi, Scarpa dominating the 90.