website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2023

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Auchentaller speaks English without the usual hard German accent for Sud-Tirolers? :p Dominik Windisch could never...

See, it is like Belgium - you can never tell anyone’s mother tongue just from their name.

35 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Auchentaller speaks English without the usual hard German accent for Sud-Tirolers? :p Dominik Windisch could never...

well, her dad is the US National Team's coach since quite a bit...she's grown up among good native speakers...:p

by the way, I'm still shocked by this result...I didn't really expect Comola and Auchentaller to perform like they did today...:bowdown:

and actually, I didn't expect even Vittozzi to blow Herrmann out like she did in the last shooting session.

congrats to all of our girls...thanks for this great afternoon...my cardiologist couldn't be happier...:lol: :facepalm:

now I hope this race gives all of our youngsters a new perspective and represents a boost to their effort to improve more and more on their weak side (definitely not the shooting, let's say).

38 minutes ago, FireRun said:

What did Lampič do wrong? Our girls would have finished 9th which would gave them valuable nations cups points for next season. :(

It turns out she only used two spare rounds on the standing shoot. Automatic 2 min penalty IIRC.

Women's 4x6km Team Relay
Final Results

:ITA Italy
Samuela Comola
Dorothea Wierer
Hannah Auchentaller
Lisa Vittozzi
1:14:39.7 (0+2)

:GER Germany

Vanessa Voigt

Hanna Kebinger

Sophia Schneider