website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

1 minute ago, phelps said:

naaaa...you don't win both the 10km open water race and the 1500m free in the pool if you're not in top shape...:finger:

I'm sure he's at his best...the 800m free was just a mistake by him, he did underestimate the level of competition and didn't have a plan B once he was strugglig with the low pace in his heat...that's it...

if he says anything different, he's just playing mind games looking at the future...:whistle:

You are wrong, but based on your comment i don't think you are willing to admit that. His coach said that even after the first turn of his 800 free race he knew that it was over, because Wellbrock didn't use his usual technique and was too deep in the water. He obviously did much better in the 1500 free, but you can't completely turn it around in a couple of days. In the end i still believe that Paltrinieri needs to be much better than Wellbrock/Romanchuk, because they will beat him 9 out of 10 times when they still have contact after 1200 m or so. I am looking forward to hopefully another battle in 2020, especially because then the pool events will come before the open water event, so all should be at 100 %.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

Simone was really below her level in realys , but now she's double world champion , really happy for her , as she proves that black swimmers can also swim at top level 

Cullen Jones hates you for thinking Manuel is the one to prove it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I really like the south african national anthem, it always reminds me of one of the most emotional olympic moment for me, when Le Clos won gold in 2012.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

7 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

You are wrong, but based on your comment i don't think you are willing to admit that. His coach said that even after the first turn of his 800 free race he knew that it was over, because Wellbrock didn't use his usual technique and was too deep in the water. He obviously did much better in the 1500 free, but you can't completely turn it around in a couple of days. In the end i still believe that Paltrinieri needs to be much better than Wellbrock/Romanchuk, because they will beat him 9 out of 10 times when they still have contact after 1200 m or so. I am looking forward to hopefully another battle in 2020, especially because then the pool events will come before the open water event, so all should be at 100 %.

it's not a question of admitting something I don't believe in...

Wellbrock and his coach can say whatever they want...but the truth is that surely Florian is in good shape right now...maybe the day of the 800m free heats he wasn't feeling well, but that was the exceptional situation within the overall great moment of his career, not viceversa (the 800m being the standard and the other 2 races some kind of miracles)...

a bad day can always come, even when you're in top shape...but you can't make 2 "miracles" in a general status of bad shape...

Edited by phelps