website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

9 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Simone was really below her level in realys , but now she's double world champion , really happy for her , as she proves that black swimmers can also swim at top level 

1) Why did that need to be proven?

2) I think others like Alia Atkinson, Malia Metella, Cullen Jones have already "proven" that before her.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Amazing medal for New Zealand, although the time was super slow! I can't believe that you can win bronze with 4:12 ... i think it will take at least 4:09 to win bronze next year.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, sportlover1993 said:

Heil Seto ! king of the IM ..next year he'll do it in his own waters and among his audience

We will see, there are many guys who could spoil his party (for example Kalisz or Lochte).

According to our commentator on Brazilian TV (and Wikipedia), Litherland has both Japanese and New Zealander descent. He finished ahead of a New Zealander and behind a Japanese here. ;)

EDIT: Joshi beat me.

4 minutes ago, Joshi said:

I'm so happy for Clareburt a star on the rise. In an ironic twist Jay Litherland is both Japanese and Kiwi who represents the USA :clap:

Edited by thiago_simoes

13 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Is Pilato the youngest ever medalist at the World Aquatics Championships?

It would be cool to have the youngest (Pilato) and the oldest (Nicholas Santos) in the same year.

I think no (but it's a close race between her and Cynthia Woodhead, 1978 200m free champion...it's just a question of a few days, as Pilato was born on January 2005 and Woodhead in February 1964 and also the championships this year are around 1 month before than what happened in Berlin 41 years ago -when they started on August 20th)...:mumble:

however, at the Olympic Games, the Japanese Kyoko Iwasaki won the 200m breaststroke in Barcelona (1992) when she was only 14 years and 6 days young, so almost 6 months younger than Pilato and Woodhead...

and also Krisztina Egerszegi was younger (14 years and 40 days) when she won the 200m backstroke in Seoul (1988)...