website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@bestmen has repeatedly plagued contests with drama and negative/rude comments (that are also often homophobic and xenophobic). I aim to give him a contest fit for his behavior. He shouldn’t have been allowed to host in the first place. I didn’t voice my concerns then, and I should have. It’s clear that there are many users uncomfortable with his behavior, and that it’s a widely held position that he should not be given the honor of hosting.

And it's perfectly fine not to like user A or B or whatever hosting the contest, but dear Lord, then just don't participate instead of ruining it also for everyone who does not have this big of a problem with said user hosting it.

"I hate this, so fuck everyone who doesn't hate this."

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Also, I was afraid we wouldn't have a massive riot before the end of the year. Yay, luckily the Christmas spirit died a swift death :whistle: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And it's perfectly fine not to like user A or B or whatever hosting the contest, but dear Lord, then just don't participate instead of ruining it also for everyone who does not have this big of a problem with said user hosting it.

"I hate this, so fuck everyone who doesn't hate this."

Right, but rewarding that behavior seems not okay! So are we just going to allow homophobia and xenophobia on the forum without any consequences? Are we just going to allow users to constantly harass the hosts of future TISCs. Are we not going to abide by the TISC charter? 

I agree @heywoodu that this drama isn’t improving the situation. So, I move to propose a vote on wether @bestmen should allowed to host the TISC? @OlympicIRL I believe such a vote should take place on the grounds that the Algerian jury (in past TISCs) has broken the following rules of the TISC Charter:

7. (c) Participating users must not reveal or give any indication as to their preferences or voting choices at any stage before the official announcement of the votes during the Grand Final.

7. (d) Participating users must not discuss private voting procedures with other members so as to ensure fairness is always in play and to ensure any suspense during the Grand Final is kept intact.

7. (e) Participating users must be respectful when posting and discussing with other members on the Totallympics International Song Contest Thread.

7. (f) If foul play is detected with respect to 7 (a), (b), (c), (d) or (e) at any stage before, during or after the contest, the TISC organising committee reserves the right to place the participation or result of that nation under review.

I can provide the need evidence to make such an accusation. This should also settle this issue once and for all, so that it will not be a continuous argument that plagues this year’s edition of the Annual TISC.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

You're mightily late with that. Everyone who was accepted in the draw has been accepted (by the main people when it comes to TISC organizing, like @OlympicIRL) as potential hosts. Changing that now that the outcome isn't as hoped, that's just a disgustingly shitty move.

A: "These are the election rules."

B: "Ok."

A: "Trump is the winner."

B: "But the system!! Unfair!!"

Edited by heywoodu

Just now, heywoodu said:

You're mightily late with that. Everyone who was accepted in the draw has been accepted (by the main people when it comes to TISC organizing, like @OlympicIRL) as potential hosts. Changing that now that the outcome isn't as hoped, that's just a disgustingly shitty move.

It doesn’t seem like one. It’s clear many users are upset with @bestmen hosting, and we should give everyone a chance to decide on the matter. If a majority votes that he can keep it, argument done. If a majority votes that he loses it, argument done. If the vote is held, and then people complain, @OlympicIRL can just enforce 7(e) and 7(f). 

You’ve already threatened to break rules 7(c) and 7(d) yourself (not that I blame you) (and I have as well), but it’s clear this edition will be swamped with drama (and will not be fun for anyone (maybe save @bestmen)) if the issue at hand is not resolved.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

It’s clear many users are upset with @bestmen hosting, and we should give everyone a chance to decide on the matter.

Yes, before the draw in which the host was chosen.

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, before the draw in which the host was chosen.

Except that people thought :CRO had a legitimate chance of winning, and so they didn’t want to make a stir (at least that applied to me). Now that it’s clear that @bestmen is officially hosting, people feel the need to voice their opinions.

By the way, I think @bestmen is capable of hosting an awesome edition of the TISC. I just think he hasn’t earned the right too. I admire (and can be quite jealous) of his graphic design and video skills. That’s something awesome that he contributes to the forum. It’s his often troll-like and demeaning posts that put a sour taste in my mouth about him hosting.

32 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Except that people thought :CRO had a legitimate chance of winning, and so they didn’t want to make a stir (at least that applied to me). Now that it’s clear that @bestmen is officially hosting, people feel the need to voice their opinions.

Yeah, like I said: people stay relatively quiet until the outcome isn't what they thought, after which they want to change the whole thing. No way José, you're too late.