website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

It’s definitely been February-April for the 2 times I’ve been on here. (Maybe early May as well)

I meant the days of Grand Finals (April-June). Registrations should therefore start no earlier than February.

So this is very much going against both standard hosting practice and what users explicitly wanted (shorter contest).

#banbestmen

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

Nope, Agger explained it. It's a sports forum. All Annual editions were held April-June.

I get that, but do we really need to have such a strict enforcement of all these things? Come on, if the host wants to open it, let the host open it. These kind of tight things are the annoying parts of Totallympics.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I get that, but do we really need to have such a strict enforcement of all these things? Come on, if the host wants to open it, let the host open it. These kind of tight things are the annoying parts of Totallympics.

lose enforcement has already caused a few problems in my opinion...

Also, as someone who works in communications (and will have a future with in it), going against what people want/voted for, isn’t exactly a great move. 

Im fine with the host opening it, but this can’t be a 4-5 month thing. No one voted for that.

People wanting to constantly go against change and not listen to others is a bigger problem for Totallympics...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

People wanting to constantly go against change and not listen to others is a bigger problem for Totallympics...

Exactly, so there's no problem with a host deciding when his thread is opened. The fact there's even a discussion about this is honestly pathetic. Totallympics is not the IOC, putting down rules on each and every possible thing a host could decide.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Exactly, so there's no problem with a host deciding when his thread is opened. The fact there's even a discussion about this is honestly pathetic. Totallympics is not the IOC, putting down rules on each and every possible thing a host could decide.

Accept that it goes directly against what the majority of national juries want! That you continuously defend that status quo is abhorrent. I do agree that the host has rights, but it’s also about the longevity of contest, and about what users what the most to give them the best experience while their on the forum.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And what do you propose, anarchy? This is really not about some strict laws. It's just the standard practice to have TISC editions around the same time of the year  (just like Eurovision for example).

April-May and October-November are periods without any major sport competitions. If there ever was the time to organize a music contest on a sports website...

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Some people are infected by the immutability:lol: for any little change and without having any idea about the backstage they didnt even watch the videos : "oh god  this is not normal call police call georges bush we have to leave the planet :hairpull:

I would personally prefer TISC to be held in April-May and October-November, but if it was held one month before or after, I wouldn't mind it. However, I don't like to see a host who has not included all rules in the TISC rulebook for this edition. As many have already pointed out, the users here on Totallympics voted to have a 6 week time-frame for TISC: https://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/17-totallympics-international-song-contest-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=214087

But according to the rules of this edition:

SECTION 8 - HOSTING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

8. (a) The host organisation must allow a minimum of 3 weeks from the opening date for the national selection and the deadline to submit an entry. This is to give users enough time to see the thread, consider song and artist choices and submit their entries.

8. (b) The host organisation must allow a minimum of 2 weeks for National Juries to submit their votes during the National Jury voting phase. This is to allow jury members enough time to consider each song carefully before casting their votes.

https://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/2148-totallympics-annual-international-song-contest-2020/&do=findComment&comment=264948

I think this is just an unfortunate mistake from bestmen's side and I hope this will corrected soon.