website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, like I said: people stay relatively quiet until the outcome isn't what they thought, after which they want to change the whole thing. No way José, you're too late.

I made my position clear. I respect yours. I leave it up to the powers that be. No more drama today :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I totally understand why people are not happy with bestmen as host, his behaviour towards previous hosts has been appalling to be frank. And I respect those opinions of those who don't agree with Algeria hosting.

Just like bad remarks towards previous hosts has been an injustice to their efforts, stripping Algeria from hosting rights after the fact would seem like a similar injustice.

I think we are better than that and by showing we can rise above the bad example of others is a more fitting example of what we are as a community.

Obviously, bestmen or any future host can still be stripped of hosting rights if they misbehave prior to or during the contest, but until then I would love if you can all get behind this as much as you are comfortable with. Who knows, by giving someone an opportunity to redeem themselves instead of closing the door to them, they might just surprise you. And if not, then it's their loss. But let it be them who squanders the chance to make amends and turn over a new leaf rather than us deciding that they can't. Sometimes it's good to give people another chance.

15 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I totally understand why people are not happy with bestmen as host, his behaviour towards previous hosts has been appalling to be frank. And I respect those opinions of those who don't agree with Algeria hosting.

Just like bad remarks towards previous hosts has been an injustice to their efforts, stripping Algeria from hosting rights after the fact would seem like a similar injustice.

I think we are better than that and by showing we can rise above the bad example of others is a more fitting example of what we are as a community.

Obviously, bestmen or any future host can still be stripped of hosting rights if they misbehave prior to or during the contest, but until then I would love if you can all get behind this as much as you are comfortable with. Who knows, by giving someone an opportunity to redeem themselves instead of closing the door to them, they might just surprise you. And if not, then it's their loss. But let it be them who squanders the chance to make amends and turn over a new leaf rather than us deciding that they can't. Sometimes it's good to give people another chance.

Wise words, I respect this very much. I’ll wait and see what others do before I make my final decision. I’ve made my thoughts clear, and I feel better about the state of the contest.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Shouldn't this thread be temporarily closed?

I mean, upon request from users, TISC became more compact than ever in Denmark. Early opening of this thread meanwhile prolongs TISC to record length...

It should be opened when the host wants to open it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

No, this is just the registration   everyone should have his intro before posting the song , the calendar is not completed yet 

the Annual was always in january , the previous edition was late 

besides i dont like the excuses but i have to travel around March-April

Edited by bestmen

9 minutes ago, bestmen said:

No, this is just the registration   everyone should have his intro before posting the song , the calendar is not completed yet 

the Annual was always in january , the previous edition was late 

besides i dont like the excuses but i have to travel around March-April

Except for every single edition on the new site ;)

The TISC was afterall started to fill the gap between the summer and winter sports season

1 hour ago, Agger said:

Except for every single edition on the new site ;)

The TISC was afterall started to fill the gap between the summer and winter sports season

If you feel a significant gap between those seasons, you don't follow enough sports, really :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

Nope, Agger explained it. It's a sports forum. All Annual editions were held April-June.

It’s definitely been February-April for the 2 times I’ve been on here. (Maybe early May as well)