website statistics

Olympic Games Recreations and Other Olympic Themed Events

Olympian1010

• 3 months later...

So, I’m currently building a winter Olympic Park in Minecraft. I’m trying to figure the best way to do a a recreation this winter. I have two ideas. Use people, or use in game cpu. Would anyone be interested in playing along, or should I give up on that already and go to option?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

So, I’m currently building a winter Olympic Park in Minecraft. I’m trying to figure the best way to do a a recreation this winter. I have two ideas. Use people, or use in game cpu. Would anyone be interested in playing along, or should I give up on that already and go to option?

I was once trying to build some big sport centre in Google SketchUp. It was fun, until I got irritated I can't draw a real circle, but some polygon.

Just now, Vojthas said:

I was once trying to build some big sport centre in Google SketchUp. It was fun, until I got irritated I can't draw a real circle, but some polygon.

They great thing about Minecraft being the most popular and most played game in history is that there are a lot of downloadable or out-of-games resources. I have one that plans out a circle block by block should I need a circle. Personally, I like square venues in my Olympic Parks because they’re easier to plan out. Obviously winters sports are rather easier. Stadiums needed for Speed Skating, Figure/Short Track, and ceremonies. I’m thin the “new” Park will also have an innovative indoor ice climbing wall.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Jan Linha said:

Guys, is there a Thread for Olympic collectors? I've got quite collection of a different memorabilia and we might discuss something or exchange, help to get stuff, etc?

There’s an autograph thread, but I don’t know about a collecting thread. I’d suggest you make one if your interested in that sort of thing.

Got bored yesterday so I went ahead and made a few Beach Games venues.

Ceremonies venue:

image-thumb-png-6a25c30c55a815fe24778109

Combat Sports:

D1-F3-D049-189-A-4-FF4-AAAE-1-F35-AB87-C

Open Water and Triathlon type events:

image-thumb-png-653bee1dcb2a0e363f6e5a67

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I’ve been building the venues, but the “If you build it, they will come” mentality isn’t working. I haven’t found enough, or really any players, interested in doing a Minecraft Olympic Games play-through. So it’s time for some ingenuity and creative thinking. I’ve come up with a way to have a 2020 Minecraft Winter YOG simulation. I’m going to use the in-game CPUs to play the sports. The games will be fully broadcasted in OBS/IBGS style on YouTube. I will also have qualification systems, results, and other information available. Anyone can follow along or make suggestions. I’m sure their aren’t many people in this community, or any community, that are interested in this, but a little feedback and suggestions/opinions wouldn’t hurt. 

I would like some opinions as to the following:

A) All countries are eligible to qualify for the games

B) Only countries with Totallympics members can qualify for the games

If anyone would like to help in any way, I’d love to work on the project together. For example, ifs there’s any artists or graphic designers on the forum who’d like to a crack at making some winter sports pictograms; I’d love to feature your designs. If anyone would like to make up qualification systems; I’d love your input. If anyone would to help results documents, etc: I’d love to work with you. If anyone has another service or skill they’d like to provide; I’d gladly except your help.

This is a project I’ve been working on for years, and I’d hate to see my work and dedication go to waste. I know it’s rather dumb and childish, but it makes me happy and helps me drown out the negative parts of life and that’s what’s important. Plus, I just think it would be cool to try and though a mini multi-sport games recreation. 

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, I’ve been building the venues, but the “If you build it, they will come” mentality isn’t working. I haven’t found enough, or really any players, interested in doing a Minecraft Olympic Games play-through. So it’s time for some ingenuity and creative thinking. I’ve come up with a way to have a 2020 Minecraft Winter YOG simulation. I’m going to use the in-game CPUs to play the sports. The games will be fully broadcasted in OBS/IBGS style on YouTube. I will also have qualification systems, results, and other information available. Anyone can follow along or make suggestions. I’m sure their aren’t many people in this community, or any community, that are interested in this, but a little feedback and suggestions/opinions wouldn’t hurt. 

If anyone would like to help in any way, I’d love to work on the project together. For example, ifs there’s any artists or graphic designers on the forum who’d like to a crack at making some winter sports pictograms; I’d love to feature your designs. If anyone would like to make up qualification systems; I’d love your input. If anyone would to help results documents, etc: I’d love to work with you. If anyone has another service or skill they’d like to provide; I’d gladly except your help.

This is a project I’ve been working on for years, and I’d hate to see my work and dedication go to waste. I know it’s rather dumb and childish, but it makes me happy and helps me drown out the negative parts of life and that’s what’s important. Plus, I just think it would be cool to try and though a mini multi-sport games recreation. 

I don’t think I can be of any help and I don’t have Minecraft either but good luck for your project, it seems like a fun idea :yes

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Do you need a commentator?