website statistics

African Games 2019

Totallympics

Not that impressed with the amount of information available. I expected a little more from Morocco to be honest. The Beach Volleyball venue isn’t that great either. :(

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I don't see how Fencing, Equestrian and Beach Volleyball can be Olympic Qualifiers :mumble: Maybe in Equestrian athletes can reach some minimum score standards? Fencing could  consider African Games instead of African Championships ? Beach Volleyball maybe consider it as apart of the CAVB Continental Tour ?

Just now, Sindo said:

I don't see how Fencing, Equestrian and Beach Volleyball can be Olympic Qualifiers :mumble: Maybe in Equestrian athletes can reach some minimum score standards? Fencing could  consider African Games instead of African Championships ? Beach Volleyball maybe consider it as apart of the CAVB Continental Tour ?

Yes CAVB is definitely giving points for Beach Volley. I’ve been trying to tell people that I’m almost certain that Group C Jumping qualification is at the African Games, but both @dcro and @JoshMartini007 have made good cases otherwise (and I believe them until, I see anything that says otherwise). For Fencing, it couldn’t be the Continental qualification tournament could it?

Im also pretty sure shooting is giving direct quotas, but I could be worng.

Also, how the in the world, is Cycling a qualification event? It isn’t the Continental qualification is it?

Why does African always have to be so difficult in the age of instant information!?!?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Yes CAVB is definitely giving points for Beach Volley.

How ?

The Olympic Ranking is established based on the FIVB Ranking Points earned at the 12 best performances as a team in the 2019 FIVB Senior World Championships, FIVB World Tour 1*-5* events and recognised Continental Tour Finals (in case of multiple participation during the Qualification Period, only the best result will be considered) from 1st September 2018 until 14th June 2020.

Maybe it can be considered as a sort of preliminary round of CAVB Continental Cup (for which there is no news about the system).

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve been trying to tell people that I’m almost certain that Group C Jumping qualification is at the African Games, but both @dcro and @JoshMartini007 have made good cases otherwise (and I believe them until, I see anything that says otherwise).

I guess you mean Group F, anyway only Jumping will be contested, and the latest Jumping document clearly states Group F qualification event will be in Rabat, but in October 10-13. Which make sense, which Group F is Africa AND Middle East, and Middle East countries would not be able to participate here. The event is not even included in the list of events valid for the Olympic Ranking.

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Im also pretty sure shooting is giving direct quotas, but I could be worng.

Only Shotgun events will be contested and this is surely not a qualifier.

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Also, how the in the world, is Cycling a qualification event? It isn’t the Continental qualification is it?

It's not the direct qualifier but the event is giving points for the ranking (in Cycling almost every single event give points, even national championships).