website statistics

African Games 2019

Totallympics

1 minute ago, thiago_simoes said:

Second medal ever for :DJI :clap:

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Wikipedia says they did. I blindly trusted them. :water:

Oh wait, you’re right? The website is now showing some different medalists than it was this morning. I wouldn’t take it as official yet, but it looks like they have!!!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

You and @bestmen have shared this with me, but I’ve yet to see a single live event from them. Am I not checking the right spot or what? Have they not started streaming yet? I’m so confused.

They broadcasted judo finals yesterday and at least they'll cover Athletics and Swimming 

5 hours ago, thepharoah said:

They broadcasted judo finals yesterday and at least they'll cover Athletics and Swimming 

Well they aren’t sure playing anything today :cry:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The amount of information available for these games is killing me. The website is down right useless for any real sports fan. There’s almost no way to watch the games. The social media of the organizing committee is very unhelpful. 

It’s a shame really, because I was looking forward to the last continental games of the 2020 Olympic cycle. It looks like I might have to watch the Parapan American Games and Mediterranean Beach Games over this. Unless the organizers get their act together.

Just now, bestmen said:

this is our worst results of the history
that's what happens when they pick gays & Lesbians

Or when your countries main user over reacts to losing like 2 gold medals :p

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The amount of information available for these games is killing me. The website is down right useless for any real sports fan. There’s almost no way to watch the games. The social media of the organizing committee is very unhelpful. 

It’s a shame really, because I was looking forward to the last continental games of the 2020 Olympic cycle. It looks like I might have to watch the Parapan American Games and Mediterranean Beach Games over this. Unless the organizers get their act together.

You expect too much from the African Games. They can barely put it together every single edition. It's impossible to expect any serious work on the website, since the organizers probably have no significant budget for keeping it updated. I'm surprised they are even trying. I don't mean to be rude and I apologize if I sound obnoxious, but complaining about the website is a little bit childish. It only shows total lack of awareness about the many challenges Africa needs to face as a continent. Just take the Games for what they are and let's celebrate what the organizers are able to achieve, instead of focusing on what they were not.

Edited by thiago_simoes

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

You expect too much from the African Games. They can barely put it together every single edition. It's impossible to expect any serious work on the website, since the organizers probably have no significant budget for keeping it updated. I'm surprised they are even trying. I don't mean to be rude and I apologize if I sound obnoxious, but complaining about the website is a little bit childish. It only shows total lack of awareness about the many challenges Africa needs to face as a continent. Just take the Games for what they are and let's celebrate what the organizers are able to achieve, instead of focusing on what they were not.

Well part of the problem is that Brazzaville 2015 was very successful, had streaming that is still viewable to this day, and had a well functioning website. I understand that African faces serious challenges, but I feel like the fact Samoa 2019 had a more functional website is a bit embrassing. The 2019 African Beach Games were highly successful too. They had a great website, acceptable streaming, and live results. I just feel like there’s zero information available about these games. I could look many places and find what I needed to know about the 2019 Pacific Games. That just isn’t the case here. I just expected more from Morocco. I watched them host a very successful gymnasiade last year. I guess I was just expecting too much from a country that hosts world class events quite often. 

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I guess I was just expecting too much from a country that hosts world class events quite often. 

You complained about the venues before, so it should be a clue that the budget is low. Organizers would rather invest on the venues than the website. This website shows that there are not many internet users in Africa, so once again I'm surprised they even care about updating the website. Anyway, I cannot force you to see things the way I see them, and I don't want to do it anyway (everybody is different, and this is great). 

1 minute ago, thiago_simoes said:

You complained about the venues before, so it should be a clue that the budget is low. Organizers would rather invest on the venues than the website. This website shows that there are not many internet users in Africa, so once again I'm surprised they even care about updating the website. Anyway, I cannot force you to see things the way I see them, and I don't want to do it anyway (everybody is different, and this is great). 

I will say the one thing they got completely right is the branding for the games. Good promos on YouTube, and the graphic design of the banners at the venues is probably the best of this cycle (although every continental games had great design this time around).