website statistics

Freestyle Skiing FIS World Championships 2019

Totallympics

43 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve followed her since her first X Games Medal 

You were searching for a veteran role model?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Qualified for the women’s ski half-pipe final:

1. :CAN Cassie Sharpe (93.2)
  2. :EST Kelly Sildaru (92.0)
  3. :USA Brita Sigourney (90.2)
  4. :CAN Rachael Karker (89.6)
  5. :CHN Zhang Kexin (80.4)
  6. :CHN Li Fanghui (79.6)
  7. :USA Maddie Bowman (77.0)
  8. :AUT Elisabeth Gram (73.6)
Edited by NearPup

Qualified for the men’s ski half-pipe final:

1. :USA David Wise (92.0)
  2. :CAN Simon D’Artois (91.8)
  3. :USA Aaron Blunt (91.6)
  4. :USA Alex Ferreira (91.4)
  5. :FRA Kevin Rolland (91.2)
  6. :NOR Birk Ruud (89.6)
  7. :NZL Nico Porteous (87.0)
  8. :CAN Noah Bowman (86.4)
  9. :USA Taylor Seaton (85.2)
  10. :FRA Thomas Krief (84.6)

Participating in the mixed aerials team event:

1. :SUI Carol Bouvard / Nicolas Gugax / Noë Roth
  2. :CAN Catrine Lavallee / Miha Fontaine / Felix Cormier-Boucher
  3. :RUS Liubov Nikitina / Stanislav Nikitin / Maxim Burov
  4. :KAZ  Aknarkhan Kalmurzayeva / Zhanbota Aldabergenova / Balgan Inkarbek
  5. :USA Ashley Caldwell / Christopher Lillis / Jonathon Lillis
  6. :BLR Aliaksandra Ramanouskaya / Dzmitry Mazurkevich / Maxim Gustik
  7. :AUS Brittany George / Laura Peel / David Morris
  8. :CHN Xu Mengtao / Sun Jiaxu / Wang Xindi
Edited by NearPup

Could someone please explain why snowboard cross and freestyle skiing aerials have a team event and the other disciplines dont?

Overall very bad (organized) championships, it is completely unacceptable that disciplines get cancelled (so quickly). For some athletes that means 3 years without a major championship (2018 - 2021). In addition to that the level seems very bad in many disciplines, some of the top guys in halfpipe/slopestlye dont even bother to show up, i guess it has something to do with the X Games. In the best interest of the sport FIS and the host of the X Games should find a way to coexist.

I think it would be best to separate freestlye skiing and snowboarding world championships.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

What's up with this weird aerials team event where there's an unequal number of athletes and so either 2 men + 1 woman or 1 man + 2 women per team? That's just nonsense :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 ora fa, OlympicsFan ha scritto:

Could someone please explain why snowboard cross and freestyle skiing aerials have a team event and the other disciplines dont?

Overall very bad (organized) championships, it is completely unacceptable that disciplines get cancelled (so quickly). For some athletes that means 3 years without a major championship (2018 - 2021). In addition to that the level seems very bad in many disciplines, some of the top guys in halfpipe/slopestlye dont even bother to show up, i guess it has something to do with the X Games. In the best interest of the sport FIS and the host of the X Games should find a way to coexist.

I think it would be best to separate freestlye skiing and snowboarding world championships.

it will never happen...

it was the rule until 2013, then they started this unified world championship for FS and SB in 2015 and since then FIS have always said they so happy about the outcomes of this decision...

it gives a lot more visibility to both disciplines = a lot more money from TV networks and sponsors...

and you perfectly know that money moves the world...so, don't expect FIS to give up to this kind of events (actually, I expect them to try and get a super-world championship with most of their events all together...sooner or later)...