website statistics

Athletics WA Under 20 World Championships 2022

Totallympics

11 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I've read the qualification system and yeah, seems that three can be registered, but only two allowed to compete in the same event.

They definitely changed this rule recently, because that wasn't the case before apart from u18 category. 

Edit: Just looked up EU u20 in Tallinn, and you could register four, enter three there. 

So I guess world u20 just followed the u18 route, which I don't necessarily agree with. They really tried to limit the amount of participants by raising the qualifying marks substancially. 

Then we have such events like men's high jump with 16 participants, where three had an NM, so only one athlete with a height didn't qualify to the final and that qualifying mark was not as good as a PB from one of our u20 jumpers that is at home. 

Thanks for this. So I guess our athletics federation is not as stupid as I thought :p

Though Florou-Dimitriadou still should've been selected, anyone with a brain can see that her results are way more consistent than the other two.

Emmanuel won the decathlon last night! Apparently with a score that would have placed him 4th at the previous U20 worlds. The whole top 3 broke 8000 points then, which none of the current generation have done. I don't know if the previous generation was particularly strong, or this one slightly weaker.

42 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Emmanuel won the decathlon last night! Apparently with a score that would have placed him 4th at the previous U20 worlds. The whole top 3 broke 8000 points then, which none of the current generation have done. I don't know if the previous generation was particularly strong, or this one slightly weaker.

Last time the decathlon at the U20 world championships was won with a sub-8000 score was in 2010.

Spoiler

By Kevin Mayer ahead of Ilya Shkurenev and Kai Kazmirek among others, so...yeah :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 more finals for Ireland.... Nick Griggs makes it to the men's 3000m final and Nicola Tuthill scored a personal best to finish 6th in qualification and qualified for the women's hammer final. Amazing that we have 2 field event finalist at these championships, totally out of the ordinary!

7 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Watch out, he'll win the 200m as well. That's 100m extra space for shenanagans.

Hopefully not. i just discovered my all time least favorite athlete #1 :d

I thougth nobody can beat Van Aert in this, but here we are.. a new pillock arrived from Gaborone :d

is it just me or does someone else think that Tebogo was heavily unfair and lacking respect to his collegues last night?

I mean, you might be the fastest man on earth, but class is just another thing...

and if I were in the Jamaican guy, I can't be sure I wouldn't give him a beat just after the race...