website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

Il y a 1 heure , kapil857 a déclaré:

I feel like, in the end, the participating pairs will be 2 each from SUI, FRA and USA (if Serena doesn't play, Madison Keys or Abigail Spears can play) and 1 each from IND, ROU, GBR, AUS. The remaining 2 pairs likely to be from CZE, ESP, SRB, NED, BLR or GER. 

Likely wild cards - BRA, ARG, TUN, MEX

If anyone has info about who has confirmed they are playing or not playing, please post...

For France, Mladenovic announcerd before RG that she was going to play with Herbert during the Olympics. Garcia-Mahut is also a given

There should be the 4 top seeded doubles:

Federer/Hingis (Sui/4)
Mahut/Garcia (Fra/4)
Bryan/Williams (USA/5)
Muguruza/Nadal (ESP/6)

il y a 15 minutes, De_Gambassi a déclaré:

For France, Mladenovic announcerd before RG that she was going to play with Herbert during the Olympics. Garcia-Mahut is also a given

Federer/Hingis (Sui/4)
Mahut/Garcia (Fra/4)
Bryan/Williams (USA/5)
Muguruza/Nadal (ESP/6)

mahut and herbert are not selectable

59 minutes ago, stefanbg said:

Pennetta retired from professional tennis, so a more likely pair would be Seppi-Errani. They actually paired together for London, so it is not an unlikely combo.

Seppi-Erani unlikely to qualify based on rankings...realistically there may not be any italian pairs

25 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Are you sure about Petzschner? How did he qualify?

I think there is still a possibility for no german male player in Rio. Kohlschreiber didnt want to play in 2012 and now that there are no points awarded i am not sure that he will play. Zverev might try to push his ranking by playing somewhere else, just like Tomic, Thiem or Kyrgios. I think Kerber/Petkovic and Siegemund/Beck will play womens doubles for sure. I dont think that Kerber will play all 3 events and i dont think that Zverev/Kohlschreiber will play mens doubles, so i think we wont have a mens double. I think we could see a combination like Zverev/Petkovic in mixed doubles.

Not sure about anything. I have just listed the best possible pairs based on rankings. Zverev/Petkovic unlikely to qualify...essentially implies there is unlikely to be a German XD pair in Rio

1 hour ago, dareza said:

Djokovic will play only in single and men's dobules with Zimonjic. 3 disciplines would be too much. He wants two medals, of course single is priority ( actually final is his goal as he said few days ago)

u sure he has placed men's doubles on higher priority over mixed ??

23 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Federer/Hingis (Sui/4)
Mahut/Garcia (Fra/4)
Bryan/Williams (USA/5)
Muguruza/Nadal (ESP/6)

Seeding will actually not be determined by current rankings but the latest available rankings at the time of the draw. With wimbledon left, the rankings could change a lot. However, qualification will depend on current rankings only...

il y a 7 minutes, kapil857 a déclaré:

Seeding will actually not be determined by current rankings but the latest available rankings at the time of the draw. With wimbledon left, the rankings could change a lot. However, qualification will depend on current rankings only...

Ah thanks, didn't know that. 

By the way, do you know what would be the tie-breaker in case of an equal combined ranking ? (like we have at the moment between Fed/Hingis and Mahut/Garcia)

Edited by De_Gambassi

il y a 1 minute, Dolby a déclaré:

They havent played enough Davis Cup ties (according to Wikipedia)

Yeah, I've read that too, but I find it amusing that when everyone (from medias, to fans and themselves included) act like they are qualified to Rio, that someone will look at a wikipedia page and say: no, you all are wrong :d

Anyway, the reason why they are "selectable" is because of the "Strenght of Nation" amendement 

The Davis Cup/Fed Cup thing exists only to exclude from the olympics players that refuse international duty, not the ones who are not selected in the first place.