website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread

OlympicIRL

24 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No takers?

I do recognise this song. I did listen to Chvrches quite frequently some years ago. I do like this song and a couple of other songs from their debut album " The Bones Of What You Believe".

Haven't really heard much about them in the recent years. The only thing I have noticed about them lately is that they made a song for the video game "Death Stranding". 

7 hours ago, Wumo said:

I do recognise this song. I did listen to Chvrches quite frequently some years ago. I do like this song and a couple of other songs from their debut album " The Bones Of What You Believe".

Haven't really heard much about them in the recent years. The only thing I have noticed about them lately is that they made a song for the video game "Death Stranding". 

I was thinking more along the lines of where did I recognize it from. I had specific event in mind.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 30/04/2020 at 20:54, Olympian1010 said:

Anyone recognize this tune?

One last chance to see if anyone recognizes this.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

One last chance to see if anyone recognizes this.

"This video is not available."

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Right, found another version that does work, but it does not at all sound familiar - other than the intro sounding a bit like those cliche multi-sports events theme songs that all seem to be kind of the same with some slight variations.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Right, found another version that does work, but it does not at all sound familiar - other than the intro sounding a bit like those cliche multi-sports events theme songs that all seem to be kind of the same with some slight variations.

Well, you’re on the right track.

Hello everyone!

I rarely post some personal request but on this ocassion I will gladly appreciate if you could help me.

As you know COVID-19 pandemic has made it difficult for many people around the world, either by causing them to become ill, restricting their freedoms and of course, disrupting the economy, from the macroeconomics national level all the way down to the people's means of living.

From some time now I'm a member of a networking group, that among its ranks, features a Mariachi group. As some of you may already know, Mariachi music is one the traditional genres of Mexico and we're very proud of it.

As you may have already guessed, all their projects and presentations were put on hold, so one of the means they hope to maintain their presence is by becoming "viral", by playing their songs, some of them original pieces like the one coming on May 6th, in the virtual world. I personally like the touch they put on their performance, but of course, you'll be better judges.

To not drag this further, if it's not much to ask of your time and kindness, and of course if the Spotify and Youtube pages of Mariachi Rey are accesible in your respective countries, you could follow them and also reproduce some of its content.

Mariachi Rey on Spotify

Mariachi Rey on Youtube

Thank you very much for your attention and I really hope you like some the music.