website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 Sports Programme

5 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

So basically a forever rotation between North America / Japan and former british colonies. That's a fantastic idea.

Would be interesting how European nations decide if at all something like that happens. I believe British Isles and the surrounding , Nordic Countries, Spain, France, Portugal, Turkey etc almost 90% of Europe would go for cricket. If at all we have the games in Africa (just imagination for now) it'll be cricket. Except Korea, Taiwan, China, Japan all of Asia would go for cricket too. 

Seems very unlikely that European countries outside UK and Ireland would chose cricket over Baseball. Both are minority sports, but Baseball seems the more popular on the continent 

Edited by Noorderling29

52 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Would be interesting how European nations decide if at all something like that happens. I believe British Isles and the surrounding , Nordic Countries, Spain, France, Portugal, Turkey etc almost 90% of Europe would go for cricket. If at all we have the games in Africa (just imagination for now) it'll be cricket. Except Korea, Taiwan, China, Japan all of Asia would go for cricket too. 

in Europe, :ITA:NED:CZE:ESP:GER would surely choose Baseball because it's...I don't say popular, but at least it's well known, as it's regularly shown on TV (and they are somehow competitive on the field)

:GBR and :IRL are the only 2 Countries that would choose without any doubt Cricket

all the others, most likely would get rid of both, as they're unknown and with no people playing, resulting in any case a senseless investment, wasted money

2 hours ago, phelps said:

in Europe, :ITA:NED:CZE:ESP:GER would surely choose Baseball because it's...I don't say popular, but at least it's well known, as it's regularly shown on TV (and they are somehow competitive on the field)

:GBR and :IRL are the only 2 Countries that would choose without any doubt Cricket

all the others, most likely would get rid of both, as they're unknown and with no people playing, resulting in any case a senseless investment, wasted money

I think :NED is lock for cricket. They finished top 8 in the most recent WC and also have qualified for ODI WC.  Nordic countries host a lot of international cricket and have a stadiums too. Denmark has even played at WC before.

NL is much more a baseball than a cricket country. Baseball is played in school and gets significant attention on TV. Cricket gets little attention; even the recent good results only merit perhaps a 45 second item in a sports program. I seriously doubt many people in this country are aware of or even care about the results of the national Cricket team.

Edited by Noorderling29