website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

1 hour ago, ChandlerMne said:

I am always amazed that beside Mikaela in slalom only Stuhec can win 99% of speed events in which she competes. Now started her dominance in downhill and super G. 

Polish TV said her dominance only started when she began using Tina Maze's custom made skis which are Bugatti-like in this business. Of course all this when Ledecka won OG using Shiffrin's skis too.

Interestingly hirscher wasn't far behind kranjec after his two big mistakes and lost most of the times on the 2nd half of the slope where he didn't make mistakes but was simply missing his top speed. 

Anyway I really enjoyed a race without a dominator and with lots of skiers making mistakes. Oldschool gs racing 

37 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Polish TV said her dominance only started when she began using Tina Maze's custom made skis which are Bugatti-like in this business. Of course all this when Ledecka won OG using Shiffrin's skis too.

Wow,interesting fact. :yes Something like swimming suits until 2009? 

She was quite average skiier until 2016 and suddenly she is unbeatable. Not that i am against her,nothing like that, but her level of form last 2 years is unexplicable to some extent. Kranjec winning is to be expected, he is among top 5 skiers in GS last few seasons. Put aside Mikaela and Marcel,cant recall any  other skier that is capable of winning back to back races weekend after weekend.

But at least season is becoming more and more interesting. :)