website statistics

Women's Basketball FIBA European Championship 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

So Germany will have to beat the Czech Republic to qualify for the OQT? Doesn’t seem very likely (looking at the way both teams played against Slovakia). Maybe Germany could have had a chance against Montenegro or Serbia, but the draw wasn’t in favor of Germany this time. I still think that Germany would be at a much higher level if the Sabally sisters would play.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

43 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

So Germany will have to beat the Czech Republic to qualify for the OQT? Doesn’t seem very likely (looking at the way both teams played against Slovakia). Maybe Germany could have had a chance against Montenegro or Serbia, but the draw wasn’t in favor of Germany this time. I still think that Germany would be at a much higher level if the Sabally sisters would play.

yes it will be necessary to win 2 matches unless France goes in half, it will be necessary to win only one match

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

What's the point of France and USA competing at the OQT, since they are already qualified? That's absurd to me, when other 2 teams could have participated...

Agreed, seems absurd that they can influence which other teams will qualify. They could lose on purpose against weaker teams in order to help them qualify.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Damn, :BEL  :FRA  :ESP  all are making this look easy. Our only chance is that our girls won't be under pressure anymore now that the OQT spot is in the bag, so maybe they will play much more consistently against Spain. 

If everything goes as expected at the other continental qualifiers, this is how the OQT pots would look (mostly based on the current WR + on the assumption that Serbia will drop down)

Pot 1 - :USA  :CHN  :AUS  :ESP 

Pot 2 - :CAN  :FRA  :BEL  :JPN 

Pot 3 - :SRB  :PUR  :KOR  :BRA 

Pot 4 - :NGR  :HUN  :GER or :CZE and an African team

Looking at the current WR, I think we won't be able to reach Pot 3, unless one or two top ranked teams fail to qualify for the OQT (like Serbia and/or Brazil). 

I am not sure how much of a chance we have against the Pot 3 and Pot 4 teams, we obviously have to beat the lowest or second lowest ranked team in our OQT group to qualify for Paris. We haven't been at the World Cup in ages, who the fuck knows how this will go. 

Edited by Vektor

13 hours ago, Vektor said:

Damn, :BEL  :FRA  :ESP  all are making this look easy. Our only chance is that our girls won't be under pressure anymore now that the OQT spot is in the bag, so maybe they will play much more consistently against Spain. 

If everything goes as expected at the other continental qualifiers, this is how the OQT pots would look (mostly based on the current WR + on the assumption that Serbia will drop down)

Pot 1 - :USA  :CHN  :AUS  :ESP 

Pot 2 - :CAN  :FRA  :BEL  :JPN 

Pot 3 - :SRB  :PUR  :KOR  :BRA 

Pot 4 - :NGR  :HUN  :GER or :CZE and an African team

Looking at the current WR, I think we won't be able to reach Pot 3, unless one or two top ranked teams fail to qualify for the OQT (like Serbia and/or Brazil). 

I am not sure how much of a chance we have against the Pot 3 and Pot 4 teams, we obviously have to beat the lowest or second lowest ranked team in our OQT group to qualify for Paris. We haven't been at the World Cup in ages, who the fuck knows how this will go. 

1) Why do you have Serbia as a lock? Won’t they have to beat Montenegro to qualify?

2) It looks to me as if the biggest hurdle for the European teams is finishing top 6 at the European championships. In order to qualify you only have to finish top 3 at the OQT. All European teams have a realistic chance to qualify. Japan should be the easiest opponent from pot 2 and South Korea and Brazil should be the easiest opponents from pot 3.

3) I don’t like the fact that the European championships take place during the WNBA season, it is a clear disadvantage for nations with WNBA players. 

I won't be able to watch the SF today, good news for my nerves. :d Anything above the 4th place would just be a bonus for us anyway at this point.

Meanwhile :GER v :CZE for the OQT spot is a close call so far. 

Edited by Vektor