website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

For those of you also on the Olympic sub-Reddit, what do you make about that post from the guy claiming to be a NOC official. He claims the IOC is actively looking into canceling the 2020 (2021) Summer Olympics and 2022 Winter Olympics. I think it’s all made up, and complete bullshit, but I’d love to know what others think.

Would be more believable if it is Facebook/Twitter :lol:

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Is the area around the volcano uninhabited, or are there concerns that some people may have got caught in the eruption?

It is in the middle of a strait, and the island is uninhabited.

In 2018 it erupted and caused tsunami, part of the volcano collapsed. But it somehow "grows" again and now we have another eruption :wacko:

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic
Posted

All province now have positive cases..

Jakarta is under lockdown for 2 weeks, which is named with a fancy name of "Large Scale Social Restriction" to avoid public outcry from those who reject any lockdown measures. Violators can face up to USD 6000 fine or one year in prison.

In the other hand, some over-capacity prisons released their inmates and we had a rise of burglary cases and snatchers :hairpull::facepalm:

Posted
3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Meanwhile the president visited the horse complex for the third time in a few weeks, which was apparently newsworthy :p 

http://tdh.gov.tm/news/en/articles.aspx&article22022&cat30

I don't know, but this seems a little photoshopped to me :d 

01jpgoaucrrxjpg.jpg

Berdy's leg is somewhat off, or is it just me?

Posted
3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Since this is also a sports forum: what are governments in your countries doing, if anything of course, to help the sports community? Not much here yet, but some of the top flight football teams have had the balls to pretty much demand money from the government to prevent them from going bankrupt :facepalm: 

Obviously I hope the government won't hand out money to football clubs, especially the bigger ones, but it might be different especially for smaller sports and teams.

giphy.gif

Posted
2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Trump’s response to this pandemic is easily the biggest failure we’ve ever seen from a President. We’ve had a lot of bad presidents, but Trump’s in a league of his own here.

Glory to the United Shaysh!

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread
Posted
10 hours ago, hckosice said:

Your nations most popular Sport songs ?

Garuda di Dadaku (Garuda on my chest) - The unofficial song for national football team, the reff tune is based on Papuan folk song 'Apuse'. Supporters also chant the lyrics during matches...

In badminton matches, usually after any Indonesian players win the title they will play either 'Bendera (Flag)' or 'Kebyar-Kebyar'. These two songs are rather patriotic rather than sport specific though. Kebyar-Kebyar also became famous after Arkarna covered it.

Other sports doesn't really have a special song, but during multievent reports on TV station these 2 songs from SEA Games 2011 will be used over and over again as the intro (kinda like the Bugler's Dream).

Posted
43 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well believe me, you really owe her big time :d

I don't know why people don't like living with their parents, they always give you wise advice :d only if I was living with my mother at the time :lol: ( I moved in with my parents after the crisis)

I never shaved my head and I really hate it but that's probably an option right now :wacko:

Yeah, moms always know the best :d

I think some people just want to live away from their parents because they want freedom (as @heywoodu said) from being told this and that. You want to have some privacy but perhaps such concept doesn't exist with some parents. I also want to move once I am financially stable :p

Good luck with your hair btw :lol:

Posted

Ok, this is perhaps the most outrageous stuff ever...

Some people are protesting the burial of deceased Covid-19 patients in their area. A few dead bodies even had to be dug up again and reburied somewhere else due to the protest :facepalm:

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2020/04/02/authorities-assure-safety-as-locals-protest-burial-of-people-with-coronavirus.html

The newest development is that people even threw rocks at the specially assigned burial team. How splendid..

Posted
1 minute ago, MHSN said:

do any of you guys having problems with your hair ? :d going to a barber shop is exactly against the idea of social distancing and I'm not even sure if barber shops are open !

with a bit of exaggeration, I look like Marcelo right now :d

I owe it to my mother.. She kept pushing me to go to the barber when the cases are still around 50-ish (I felt that it is still way too short). Three days after I had it, the local government started to implement various measures and lots of barber in my area are closed until now.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Call it arrogant but in my opinion people should have at least heard of all independent nations there are on Earth but take it from someone who, as a kid, studied all countries' flags. ;)

Yep. People often confused why I know all of the flags and countries of the world while on the other hand I'm confused why they don't know that :p

Posted

Only 2 out of 34 provinces are without cases now...

The central government is in a disarray, busy doing tug-of-war with local governments in imposing lockdowns.

Meanwhile the Finance Minister is feeling itchy because she can't tax Netflix and Zoom which became more widely used by people in "whatever-from-home".

Posted
59 minutes ago, hckosice said:

In some cities Masks machines are starting to be installed. If someone loses or for some reason damage the mask he is wearing, he can thanks this machine quickly buy a new one for 2 EUR (available also for bank cards)

There also disinfectant gels and other disinfectants available

So envious, but this won't survive in Indonesia: people will steal it or panic purchase from it.

Sigh, I can't even get any mask right now. Everything being sold are either scams or ridiculously high prices

Posted
22 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

True hardly ......i did not see much true violence ..... Almost funny in most cases.... But some people can feel humiliated

Indeed. Like in Indonesia, sometimes being humiliated is the best way to keep the order.

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread
Posted
17 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

To those who live in countries where English isn't the official language: do your radio stations also have quotas of songs in your native language they have to broadcast?

No written rule but usually even the most Western aligned station will allocate at least 20% of their playlist slots for local songs. Outside Jakarta however you will find governors or mayors who insisted that local songs must be 60-70 % of the playlist slots.