Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

phelps

Fencing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

phelps    579

Women's Team Sabre

Quota
Qualification Event
Notes
:WHT TBD    

AlFHg    107

Some news on this field too :d I was checking the FIE website and I found the dates of the first Team World Cup stages giving out points for the Olympic qualification ranking. Here they are:

Foil W: May 5 2019, Tauberbischofsheim, :GER (thanks copy and paste)

Foil M: May 5 2019, St. Petersburg, :RUS

Sabre M: May 12 2019, Madrid, :ESP

Sabre F: May 12 2019, Tunis, :TUN

Epee M: May 19 2019, Paris :FRA

Epee M: May 19 2019, Dubai :UAE

The World Championships will be hosted in Budapest, :HUN 15-23 July 2019.

As regards Continental Championships, Asian Championships will be in Tokyo, :JPN 13-16 June 2019, while Dusseldorf :GER will host European Championships  from 17 to 22 June. No data are given for African and Oceanian* Championship, while I guess PanAm games will be used as continental championships for the Americas.

*I wonder no Oceanian federation exists

Edited by AlFHg
  • Thanks 1

AlFHg    107

Considering this year world cup, only one stage per event will give out points in 2018/2019 world cup. I expect in total 5 world cup stages per event giving out ranking point, 1 in 2019 belonging to 2018/2019 world cup (listed in the message above this); 1 in 2019 belonging to 2019/2020 world Cup and finally 3 in 2020 belonging to the 2019/2020 world cup. In addition, 2019 World championships and Continental Championships must be considered.

phelps    579
20 minuti fa, AlFHg ha scritto:

Some news on this field too :d I was checking the FIE website and I found the dates of the first Team World Cup stages giving out points for the Olympic qualification ranking. Here they are:

Foil W: May 5 2019, Tauberbischofsheim, :GER (thanks copy and paste)

Foil M: May 5 2019, St. Petersburg, :RUS

Sabre M: May 12 2019, Madrid, :ESP

Sabre F: May 12 2019, Tunis, :TUN

Epee M: May 19 2019, Paris :FRA

Epee M: May 19 2019, Dubai :UAE

The World Championships will be hosted in Budapest, :HUN 15-23 July 2019.

As regards Continental Championships, Asian Championships will be in Tokyo, :JPN 13-16 June 2019, while Dusseldorf :GER will host European Championships  from 17 to 22 June. No data are given for African and Oceanian* Championship, while I guess PanAm games will be used as continental championships for the Americas.

*I wonder no Oceanian federation exists

Oceania in Fencing goes together with Asia, there's no Continental Confederation...

in the past, the Pan-American Championships were also held in the year of the Pan-American Games, too...but there are still no news about a possible 2019 edition, therefore we can suppose that the Pan-Am Games will be also useful as the Continental Champs next year (but with FIE we can't be sure of that, we have to wait until next Spring to have some updated news)...