website statistics

Football 2018 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

Mo Salah of Egypt crowned 2017 CAF African Player of the Year

[LIVE] CAF crowns Egypt's Mo Salah 2017 African Player of the Year

Africa’s football governing body, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) has named Mohamed Salah of Egypt and Liverpool as the 2017 African Player of the year.

Mohamed Salah beat Sadio Mane of Senegal and Liverpool, and Gabon’s Pierre Emerick Aubameyang who plays for Dortmund. he takes over from Algeria’s Riyad Mahrez who won the 2016 edition in Abuja.

The event held in Ghana was dubbed the ‘AITEO CAF AWARDS 2017.’ It also awarded other personalities in the football industry over the last year.

The event was the first gala without long serving CAF president Issa Hayatou who was beaten by new president Ahmad Ahmad in polls held in Addis Ababa last year.

The full list of winners on the night is as follows:

Egypt and Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah as 2017 African Player of the Year
2nd place – Sadio mane of Senegal and Liverpool
3rd place – Pierre Emerick Aubameyang of Gabon and Dortmund.

Platinum award to Ghana president Nana Akufo-Addo & Liberia president-elect George Weah
Female footballer of the year: Assisat Oshoola of Nigeria
National team of the year: Pharaohs of Egypt
Young African footballer of the year: Patson Daka (Zambia)
Coach of the Year: Hector Cuper of Egypt
Club of the year: Wydad Athletic Club of Morocco1024x576_bonus-CAFMoSalah.jpg
Football Leader of the Year: Ahmed Yahya.
Women’s National Team Of The Year 2017: Bayana Bayana (South Africa)
CAF Legends Award: Ibrahim Sunday (Ghana)

892ea7b0-8dc5-4323-ae95-3ddf86af1c2a.jpg

Edited by thepharoah

16 hours ago, thepharoah said:

:EGY Mohamed Salah ( Liverpool ) is the CAF best African player of 2017 

Congrats, I would vote him the best player in the world. and I'm not kidding, (Ronaldo/Messi are boring lol) he is winning matches for Liverpool which is an average team without him.

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Congrats, I would vote him the best player in the world. and I'm not kidding, (Ronaldo/Messi are boring lol) he is winning matches for Liverpool which is an average team without him.

That's very surprising to me , but thanks very much. i hope he can continue his rhythm and win something big next year with Liverpool .  maybe a top 10 finish for him would be a very big achievement . for Messi and Ronaldo it became very boring actually that those 2 must been put in yearly shortlist and must win , hopefully some other player can win it this year , i see Neymar is the closest to challenge them , especially if he can win CL or WC  

Edited by thepharoah

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

That's very surprising to me , but thanks very much. i hope he can continue his rhythm and win something big next year with Liverpool .  maybe a top 10 finish for him would be a very big achievement . for Messi and Ronaldo it became very boring actually that those 2 must been put in yearly shortlist and must win , hopefully some other player can win it this year , i see Neymar is the closest to challenge them , especially if he can win CL or WC  

well not really, there was a vote in a popular football show in Iran (show about European football) about the best player in 2017-2018 half season in European football and Salah came second behind Messi.

19 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well not really, there was a vote in a popular football show in Iran (show about European football) about the best player in 2017-2018 half season in European football and Salah came second behind Messi.

Nice to hear this