website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2017

George_D

15 hours ago, intoronto said:

CBC News Alerts‏Verified account @CBCAlerts  4m4 minutes ago
More
 Andre De Grasse suffered an injury on Monday. He's being pulled from the World Championships in London, coach tells CBC.

This sucks. So many top athletes injured in the last couple of weeks.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The Atstat prediction contest is online again :cheer:

http://www.atstat.org/contest/default.asp

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Interesting picks by Athletics Weekly:

Womens 400 m: Gardiner to medal (instead of Makwala)

Womens 100 m: Dont see Ahye beating Ta Lou

Womens 800 m: Wilson to beat Wambui

Womens 100 m hurdles: Only 1 medal for the US

Womens long jump: Spanovic to beat both Americans ... yeah ...

Womens shot put: Marton to take the gold ... ?

Overall their predictions are pretty good in my opinion.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Wilson did look incredibly strong last time in Monaco, Wambui has not been very convincing this year (although I don't know where her terrible performance in Monaco came from), doesn't seem very unrealistic. It wouldn't be the first time American hurdlers fail at the decisive moment by the way, so who knows. Spanovic winning is obviously possible (although I'd say the Americans are the favourite, but Spanovic taking gold is very far from impossible).

In theory Ahye could beat Ta Lou, but yeah, I'd definitely say Ta Lou has the advantage there.

4 hours ago, Xander said:

And the scandal with Zemlyak & Povh gets to the new level.

- Povh & Zemlyak are officially clear.

- IAAF added both athletes to the WCH participants list.

- Both of them were under UAF pressure - UAF demanded their confession :wacko:

"I categorically will not sign that because I've got nothing to confess" - Zemlyak.

- They have a full right to take part in the WCH still.

So at the moment, it looks like they'll compete after all? 

What is this? 100m preliminaries suddenly have the likes of Canada and New Zealand in them. :mad:

I guess that's because IAAF seemingly no longer allows exotic nations to enter 1 man + 1 woman (now it's only 1 total athlete for them)... :( And yet we have freaking Diamond league winners getting the free pass + former World champion or whatever. :facepalm: 5 Americans in women's 100m hurdles. :facepalm:

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

There can't be 5 Americans in 100 hurdles, the limit is 4 even if they have WC and DL winners...and imo surely Diamond League winners and reigning World Champions deserve to be there more than 100m male runners who have a PB of 12.73.