website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2018

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

by the way, insn't any Iranian TV covering this event? :mumble:

EDIT: now I've seen your answer in the previous post...thanks!

nope. only the finals this year :(. and only if it doesn't conflict with European football matches :facepalm:

btw this time a last second WIN for Iran. even though I believe the last call was dubious. I would not give point for that (Akbari would lose 2-2) but again Akbari deserved a point earlier in the match when the score was 1-0. the Japanese stepped out , this step out rule when you are on your knees is really not clear. so many double standards here

Adesso, MHSN ha scritto:

nope. only the finals this year :(. and only if it doesn't conflict with European football matches :facepalm:

btw this time a last second WIN for Iran. even though I believe the last call was dubious. I would not give point for that (Akbari would lose 2-2) but again Akbari deserved a point earlier in the match when the score was 1-0. the Japanese stepped out , this step out rule when you are on your knees is really not clear. so many double standards here

I think Akbari didn't complete the takedown (so, no 4-2 score...and in fact the Japanese won the challenge), but still forced Takatani out with both feet, so I guess the 1-pt score (and the 3-2 final result) is correct...

Just now, phelps said:

I think Akbari didn't complete the takedown (so, no 4-2 score...and in fact the Japanese won the challenge), but still forced Takatani out with both feet, so I guess the 1-pt score (and the 3-2 final result) is correct...

not a takedown for sure but that's where I call it double standards. earlier in the match when Akbari attacked him. Taketani went out and his knee touch the mat OUTSIDE of the mat, he wasn't on his knee when he left the mat. that action deserved a point more than the last one. as I said before the rule is not clear here. the rules say when you are on your knees that's not count as a step out. but sometimes I see they give points for that.

btw this is stupid to have all QFs at the same time. they have enough time to use at least 2 mats for that. not all 4 :facepalm:

4 minuti fa, MHSN ha scritto:

not a takedown for sure but that's where I call it double standards. earlier in the match when Akbari attacked him. Taketani went out and his knee touch the mat OUTSIDE of the mat, he wasn't on his knee when he left the mat. that action deserved a point more than the last one. as I said before the rule is not clear here. the rules say when you are on your knees that's not count as a step out. but sometimes I see they give points for that.

btw this is stupid to have all QFs at the same time. they have enough time to use at least 2 mats for that. not all 4 :facepalm:

but in the last action it wasn't just a knee down and out...at a certain point, Takatani was out with both feet touching the ground...that's the moment where I think it's right to give Akbari 1 point...

too easy for Chakaev, that was obvious from the first match that Khinch is not in good shape today. he is one of my favorite wrestlers . nice guy and fun to watch. sad to watch him losing 10-0 .

this will eliminate our Maghsoudi. still a good experience for him. I hope we can find someone good next year for the Olympic qualifiers. this is our weakest weight for sure.

Cuba, india, Russia and Japan in SF at 65. I think Chakayev-Valdes final is highly possible now. obviously the best wrestlers in the competition today

1 minute ago, phelps said:

but in the last action it wasn't just a knee down and out...at a certain point, Takatani was out with both feet touching the ground...that's the moment where I think it's right to give Akbari 1 point...

it doesn't matter if you are on your knees. one foot or 2. a step out is when one foot goes completely out of the mat area while the knee is NOT on the mat. but as I said before the rule is not really clear here. I saw different calls for the exact same situations.

Andreyev lost to Takahashi as expected. which eliminates Atri :( what an opportunity he wasted today.

Sanaa, Uguev, Takahashi and Gilman into the semis. Uguev-Takahashi will be very interesting and that will be the real final

Karimi is on fire. he teched the Russian 12-1 !! next is Jden Cox for him. a very bad matchup but he was great today beating Sharfiov and Tsakulov quite easily

so it will be Japan vs Belarus and Iran vs USA in the semis. the top half is just a joke

Akbari always enjoys to win matches with minimum possible score :facepalm: at least he wins again. and now he faces Hasanov in the SF

but the real final is probably on the other half with Russia - USA match. interesting situation in this weight. Russia, Iran, USA and Azerbaijan in the semifinal . top 4 countries in freestyle in past few years. (even though Georgia is catching up lately)