website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Monzanator:

Guba over performing? You think Polish shot putters aren't allowed to post scores over 19m? :wacko:

Over performing in the sense that she shouldnt have won gold here, but i want to try to be fair: Schwanitz and Storl only have themselves to blame, both underperformed, the polish athletes just were better prepared, although Haratyk also wasnt at his best. I still am sad that Bukowecki won a medal, i dont consider any of his performances to be legal. Congrats to Guba, she showed massive mental strength today. It just would be nice if polish athletes would leave some gold medals for Germany, its getting frustrating to see german athletes (Schwanitz, Ringer, Harting) fail miserably.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Nilsson Montler's last attempt.

ddE8Wgo.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 2 Minuten schrieb hckosice:

Robert Harting farewell ?

He will compete at ISTAF in a couple of months. His little brother will take over with the self proclaimed goal of winning gold at the next 3 olympics.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Over performing in the sense that she shouldnt have won gold here, but i want to try to be fair: Schwanitz and Storl only have themselves to blame, both underperformed, the polish athletes just were better prepared, although Haratyk also wasnt at his best. I still am sad that Bukowecki won a medal, i dont consider any of his performances to be legal. Congrats to Guba, she showed massive mental strength today. It just would be nice if polish athletes would leave some gold medals for Germany, its getting frustrating to see german athletes (Schwanitz, Ringer, Harting) fail miserably.

Guba is at the peak of her performances right now and she will probably only get better. Schwanitz was nowhere near her best but that's not our problem.  German athletics generally is on the way down but I have no idea why that happens.

Really hard to say how far that Swedish jump was, he might have let a hand hanging there or something.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I know, polish behavior concerning Germany is very irritating still, german people on the other hand dont have any special relation to Poland. The only cliche most german people have towards polish people is that they are constantly stealing. I think the problem is that Poland still hasnt really learnt how to accept its role during world war 2, denying most/all responsibility for what happened back then.

Ribbentrop-Molotov pact took care of all the responsibility. Besides, Stalin would have started WWII himself ca. 1941-42 to take revenge for the 1920 failure anyway.