website statistics

Women's 3x3 Basketball Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

George_D

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Anyone knows an investigative journalist? From ITG maybe?

@Dragon probably has connections. :d

Off the top of my head, Dan Palmer (freelancer who used to work for ITG), Mike Pavit (still works for ITG), or the ARD journalists who broke the Russia story.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I feel like ITG usually just focusses on news like the Beninese Boccia Federation having elections for their new vice-president in a few months, re-posting results from events they're at without really any information about how the competitions actually went ("A won gold, B won silver and C won bronze, his 3rd medal ever") and so on, instead of deep investigative stuff :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Off the top of my head, Dan Palmer (freelancer who used to work for ITG), Mike Pavit (still works for ITG), or the ARD journalists who broke the Russia story.

Hajo Seppelt. I may write to Weinreich (haven't talked to him quite a long time, just noticed he follows me on Twitter).

Just now, heywoodu said:

I feel like ITG usually just focusses on news like the Beninese Boccia Federation having elections for their new vice-president in a few months, re-posting results from events they're at without really any information about how the competitions actually went ("A won gold, B won silver and C won bronze, his 3rd medal ever") and so on, instead of deep investigative stuff :p 

But then again, this 3x3 thing is probably too small of a fish for someone who was covering Russian cover-up or IOC corruptions. :p

I guess we should find someone though - and before the next week's ceremony.

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

But then again, this 3x3 thing is probably too small of a fish for someone who was covering Russian cover-up or IOC corruptions. :p

I guess we should find someone though - and before the next week's ceremony.

I would write about it, but I would imagine that’s not what you had in mind.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela