website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

I am starting to wonder if all these injuries could have something to do with disrupted preparation period. At this point it is almost a daily occurance.

I was thinking maybe it is to do with the unbelievable snow winter we are getting.  There’s a huge speed difference between the fast, prepared icy pistes and the slow, snowy edges. Injuries come not from speed, but from sudden deceleration.

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

I am starting to wonder if all these injuries could have something to do with disrupted preparation period. At this point it is almost a daily occurance.

there's a chance that the disrupted preparation has something to do with it...

when you haven't tested ski, boots and everything related enough and you're not in super perfect shape at the end of a 2-min effort and still have to make a big turn or jump at 140+ kmph, there's a high chance you make a capital mistake and get yourself in troubles...

by the way, heavy injuries in alpine skiing are a problem not only in this season...it's quite a long time that we suddenly get missing top tier skiers in the middle of a campaign (or even before the season starts) because of severe injuries (many of them happening in training sessions)...