website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

42 minutes ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

I hope your dream comes true. Mine, is been killed by an incompetent politician. Worse major of Rome ever. 

Monti does the same things years ago :coffee:

It's always the same shit... What surprise :coffee:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found an interesting document while surfing through the Olympic Library today. Link: https://library.olympic.org/default/digitalCollection/DigitalCollectionAttachmentDownloadHandler.ashx?parentDocumentId=472325&documentId=472326&skipWatermark=true&skipCopyright=true

This would seem to be the final report of a independent expert panel set up by the IOC to examine its human rights role, and suggest policy changes. Very interesting read. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Smells like e-sports will be on Olympic sport come 2032 IMO :coffee:

In like 60-70 years time we're gonna have reality like from the Surrogates movie. People won't even leave their homes anymore and leave everything to the androids :cheer:

"And we welcome you to the 2080 Virtuolympics where instead of lighting the cauldron, everyone will turn their phone's flashlight on to burn through the duration of your battery!"

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Rip

• Consider the addition of physical virtual sports in the Olympic Programme in cooperation with the respective International Federations (IFs)

----

Maintain full athlete gender equality for the Games of the Olympiad and reach gender equality for the Olympic Winter Games Milano Cortina 2026, which on paper means 264 men's quotas will be cut. FFS IOC

11 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Rip

• Consider the addition of physical virtual sports in the Olympic Programme in cooperation with the respective International Federations (IFs)

----

Maintain full athlete gender equality for the Games of the Olympiad and reach gender equality for the Olympic Winter Games Milano Cortina 2026, which on paper means 264 men's quotas will be cut. FFS IOC

Definitely concerned about the “physical virtual sports.” I assume they’re referring to the likes of eCycling and Indoor Rowing there. I don’t dislike those as disciplines, but they’re not nearly developed, nor legitimate enough, to have earned a spot on the Olympic program yet.

At least with the Winter Olympics there’s an abundance of quotas (comparative to the Summer Olympics). My guess is that Bobsleigh and Skiing will still tough cuts, unless the IOC is just willing to add some more women’s quotas, then everything might be okay for the time being.

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Definitely concerned about the “physical virtual sports.” I assume they’re referring to the likes of eCycling and Indoor Rowing there. I don’t dislike those as disciplines, but they’re not nearly developed, nor legitimate enough, to have earned a spot on the Olympic program yet.

At least with the Winter Olympics there’s an abundance of quotas (comparative to the Summer Olympics). My guess is that Bobsleigh and Skiing will still tough cuts, unless the IOC is just willing to add some more women’s quotas, then everything might be okay for the time being.

Norway will never let that happen. They rule FIS and IOC can't afford to alienate the biggest winter sport nation. Forget about any cuts in cross country skiing.

eSports is the new black. I told ya, the 2028 SOG in Los Angeles is perfect time to introduce this crap into Olympic fold.