website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

5 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

and Italy and Poland, too. I think everybody is more or less guilty in this matter. ;-)

sure, but you know...some sides are always guilty and some others are always innocent...

I'd like to see a bit more fairness in how we look at the usual suspects instead of judging things with so much prejudice (and that's true for all places, it's not a question of East or West, North or South of the World)...

2 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

I know it is not going to happen, I only have my hopes. And I support Free Tibet more because I really see a huge difference in the way China treats Tibetian nation if you compare it with Basque or Catalonians in Spain. So I wish them especially well.

Actually you know little inside Tibet. You just know it from western media and exiled Tibetan. But you still don't know the real Tibet. I know it's hard for foreigners getting into Tibet so I can't blame anyone. To be more practical, you may expect you can visit Tibet freely someday and then make your judgement. I think it will come soon because I know the situation in Tibet in very stable right now.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

We seem to be stuck in a misunderstanding. What I might be that post was, “athletes from Belarus will still be allowed to compete under the Belarusian flag.” Under the current sanctions, they won’t be asked to compete under the Olympic Flag.

OK...I understand your point, but I fear you're wrong...

Belorussian athletes will be under neutral Flag in Tokyo if nothing changes from now until the next IOC EB...that's already decided (of course they can and will appeal this sanction and we still have to wait for CAS final decision, but right now the situation stays as explained according to all the news reports I saw last week)...

1 minute ago, Vic Liu said:

Actually you know little inside Tibet. You just know it from western media and exiled Tibetan. But you still don't know the real Tibet. I know it's hard for foreigners getting into Tibet so I can't blame anyone. To be more practical, you may expect you can visit Tibet freely someday and then make your judgement. I think it will come soon because I know the situation in Tibet in very stable right now.

I will not come to China or Tibet soon because I don't believe in Chinese coronavirus statistics at all. So I'm too afraid to come.

26 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

You don't have to quote these continuously. I know Ye shiwen's performance in 2012 is 4:28'43 and I know Hosszu's performance in 2016 is 4:26'36.

I didn't quote this article more than once. You have yet to address Shiwen's performance being better than a male swimmers.

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I can't speak for any government, but I don't think state sponsored doping is part of the agenda here, like it would be in China.

The Nike Oregon Project was as good as being state doping. Nike's budget must be more than 70% of world's countries? And of course everyone is ignoring that becuase of course it's only China and Russia who are doing bad. Yet it's Marion Jones and Lance Armstrong - two American citizens - who are involved in the biggest doping scandals of XXI century.