website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Q1: A (Yes)

Q2: B (No, please no)

Q3: Non-English songs (flip the script) or Sports Themed

Actually, I decided to put some critical thought into my decision for once, and I’d like to switch Q1 to B (No).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Question 1:

(a) Yes

Question 2:

(a) Yes

Question 3:

If we have a themed contest, which type of theme do you prefer?

(b) Sports themed

Comments: (please add all additional comments and opinions in the comment box below.

• Songs must be related to sports events, movies, tv series, or reflect some "competition" "effort" in their lyrics. Only original version of the chosen song and not covers.
  • Every entry represents an artist & country, but not a user or group of users.
  • Each may nominate up to 3 songs from different Olympic countries & territories.
  • A maximum 3 songs per country or territory, according to the date they were submitted.
  • 3 phases: heats, semis and finals, depending on the total entries.
  • Secret balloting in the first two phases; participating users shall be randomly drawn in a specific heat or semi. A member not voting in that heat should oversee and comunicate the scores.
  • Songs in heats and semis should be sorted by random draw; however, users can't vote for any entry nominated by themselves.
  • Final to be held "live" with votes revealed by each member.

Question 1:

Would you like to see a once-off special contest to be held this summer with the final being held at some point during the old Olympic schedule?

(a) Yes

Question 2:

Would you like it to be a themed contest? For example (sports themed, movie themed, instrumental themed, talent show themed, any other themed)?

(b) No

Question 3:

If we have a themed contest, which type of theme do you prefer? Please answe even if you answered "No" to Question 2.

(a) Festival of Music style - representing the nations who have not participated in TISC

Question 1:

Would you like to see a once-off special contest to be held this summer with the final being held at some point during the old Olympic schedule?

(a) Yes

(b) No

Question 2:

Would you like it to be a themed contest? For example (sports themed, movie themed, instrumental themed, talent show themed, any other themed)?

(a) Yes

(b) No

Question 3:

If we have a themed contest, which type of theme do you prefer? Please answe even if you answered "No" to Question 2.

(a) Festival of Music style - representing the nations who have not participated in TISC

(b) Sports themed

(c) Movie themed

(d) Instrumental themed

(e) Talent Show themed

(f) Dance Music themed

(g) Dance themed

(h) Other theme - please specify

I am not sure about (d), it might be hard to find original instrumental music for some.

I would limit the talent show to artistic performances, because it's already hard enough to compare those from different fields, we shouldn't mix it with other kind of talents. And for (h), I would also consider the Festival of Music contest, BUT letting users to submit songs from countries that usually participate in TISC, with the one rule being that you can't submit a song from your own country. We would either have a selection process to decide who represents which country, or we simply don't have nations competing, just songs, allowing multiple users to compete with songs from the same country. 

I would be a yes on anything that is completely different to TISC (this is just to help explain where I lie on Q1).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I honestly just don't want us getting sick of these lovely contests.

And after we're done with the summer one, it will be nearly time for the Open in Autumn. 

Not to mention the fact that there would have to be somebody that organises and works on this contest, so it's easy to vote yes when you're probably not the one doing everything. 

It feels that we're all acting that covid killed the entertainment industry, but there is still plenty of stuff to do out there.

Professional sport will take a very long break, and won't restart for many months, minus maybe a couple of national leagues, so we will either have a special contest, or the site will be pretty much dead outside the COVID discussion, without looking forward to anything in the near future. 

11 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

Maybe that conest can be that we compete user vs user with songs from any country?

Yeah I was thinking about some type of elimination style contest too.