website statistics
Jump to content
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

    Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

     


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m seriously looking into doing trivia now. So, I would like to know the following:

A) Just post quizzes to the website, they can be taken whenever, and scores are more for personal satisfaction more than anything

B) Live Trivia following to the Lausanne 2020 model, with a general ranking of scores.

C) You have a different idea that you want me to try.

 

I know I already kind of polled everyone on this, but I want to make sure we chose the right format so people actual play along. 

A Would be a better option

 The reason is  as same as @heywoodu said all people live at a particular moment is not possible.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s our first official episode of TWU (Totallympics Weekly Update): https://anchor.fm/twu/episodes/TWU-2-Ending-Out-The-Year-With-Our-Best-Episode-Yet-e9t9tj   @Vojthas and myself really

Ladies, Gentlemen, timetravlers, and bestmen; I present to you the following new and exciting project: https://games24.totallympics.com/

One step for a postman, one giant leap for a journalist.

Posted Images

Alright, that’s 3 hours or my life I’ll never get back. After a lot more work than you would think is necessary (and 2 system crashes), I present my masterpiece :phttps://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1677

 

Any/all feedback on format, questions, answers, etc. would/will be appreciated. This is my first attempt at a quiz on this matter, so hopefully it’s done in a manner people like. I’m aiming for us to publish at least one trivia post a week.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Alright, that’s 3 hours or my life I’ll never get back. After a lot more work than you would think is necessary (and 2 system crashes), I present my masterpiece :phttps://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1677

 

Any/all feedback on format, questions, answers, etc. would/will be appreciated. This is my first attempt at a quiz on this matter, so hopefully it’s done in a manner people like. I’m aiming for us to publish at least one trivia post a week.

Hurray I got 3 answers right. I thought I would only get one.

One suggestion from my side will be will be a short info on the answers. For example- For the last question you can mention the four names in the results so people unaware could learn from it.

All considered good effort to balance summer and winter games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Hurray I got 3 answers right. I thought I would only get one.

One suggestion from my side will be will be a short info on the answers. For example- For the last question you can mention the four names in the results so people unaware could learn from it.

All considered good effort to balance summer and winter games.

Oh, are the explanations not showing up? They’re supposed to be there :mumble:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Hurray I got 3 answers right. I thought I would only get one.

One suggestion from my side will be will be a short info on the answers. For example- For the last question you can mention the four names in the results so people unaware could learn from it.

All considered good effort to balance summer and winter games.

 

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Oh, are the explanations not showing up? They’re supposed to be there :mumble:

Sorry about that @Shravan Kumar :facepalm:. I’m still learning the new plugin. It was a simple coding error. It’s fixed now, so if you take the quiz again, you can the see the explanations :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites

8/10 missed the poem (sorry, but such a stupid question, how peoples are supposed to know that :lol: ) and the pacific games core sport.

 

also the rock band song was a pure random try and... ho-ho-ho lucky, lucky :p

 

Overall, good idea. go ahead dude ! just a small thing fro me personally, maybe you should put more...well, you know - actually sports questions... :p

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

missed the poem (sorry, but such a stupid question, how peoples are supposed to know that :lol: )

You’re asking a man who’s written a paper, modern response, and full breakdown of that poem that question :p

It quickly became my favorite poem after its appearance in the ceremony. The genius of it is mind blowing.
 

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Overall, good idea. go ahead dude ! just a small thing fro me personally, maybe you should put more...well, you know - actually sports questions... :p

Thanks :d

What do you mean by “actual sports questions”?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

You’re asking a man who’s written a paper, modern response, and full breakdown of that poem that question :p

It quickly became my favorite poem after its appearance in the ceremony. The genius of it is mind blowing.
 

Thanks :d

What do you mean by “actual sports questions”?

 

less poem questions --- more sports related questions :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...