website statistics

Slalom Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

phelps

1 hour ago, Jan Linha said:

C1 Women Olympic Quota decided: :ESP :AUS :AND :GER :NZL :CZE :AUT :BRA :USA :GBR :ITA 

No Quota and rough time next year will probably have :FRA :SLO :SVK :POL :UKR 

Double Quota: Jessica Fox :AUS, Luuka Jones :NZL , Evy Leibfarth :USA , Monica Villarubla :AND and Ana Satila :BRA  have earned quota in both K1 and C1 women. This means that probably both of them will decide in which category they will "return the Quota" which will be later re-allocated to following countries accroding to WCH 2019 Result list. 

How AND, NZL, BRA and USA won quota ? I thought an athlete can qualify only once

Just now, hckosice said:

How AND, NZL, BRA and USA won quota ? I thought an athlete can qualify only once

Well, they qualified in both, and now their nations have to return one of the places.

I guess this decision was made so that schedule of events does not influence quota allocation.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Well, they qualified in both, and now their nations have to return one of the places.

I guess this decision was made so that schedule of events does not influence quota allocation.

Are you sure ? I was certain that the girl qualifying in K1 can not win anymore in C1, I don´t know why I thought this as certitude :p

Just now, hckosice said:

Are you sure ? I was certain that the girl qualifying in K1 can not win anymore in C1, I don´t know why I thought this as certitude :p

Where an athlete provisionally obtains more than one (1) athlete quota place during the Global World Qualification Competitionor pursuant to E.2.3 above, the NOC must confirm which one (1) of the athlete quota placesthey wish to useand return the unused athlete quota place(s)in accordance with thefollowing section F -“Confirmation and Return Process for Athlete Quota Places”.

#banbestmen

On 23/09/2019 at 18:26, hckosice said:

W C1 Since Jessica Fox and Ana Satila will very likely qualify in the K1(same for Viktoriia Us for UKR and Luuka Jones for NZL) :AUS will have to believe in the help of her sister Noemie in C1 :ESP:CZE:FRA:AUT:USA:SLO:GBR:RUS all should qualify without much problems, but for the remaining 2 spots we can expect some really interesting battle between :AND :GER:CHN:ITA and :SVK

Poor predictions only 6/9 and 9/11 overall

On 23/09/2019 at 18:26, hckosice said:

M K1 is probably the most open and most balanced category and thus the most difficult to predict.

:CZE:FRA:GER:GBR:SLO:ITA:POL:AUS:USA:SVK:SUI:AUT:NZL:SWE:ESP:RUS all should be the favs for the quotas, if anyone othem miss the quota here that should be quite a surprise, but for the next 2 spots I expect a tough battle between :ARG:IRL  :POR with Antoine Launay (I am still not sure if he is eligible to compete at the Olympics though), :BRA:CANand :UKR with Igor Tsviet, :HUN:KAZ:LAT and :BEL Mathieu Doby (with favorising Portugal and Ukraine)

Almost perfect here, the only fail from :POL and I thought ARG IRL will be ahead of BRA CAN lol

56 minutes ago, hckosice said:

They earn the Quota for a country. The thing is, for example there are 24 spots in K1 event. And if 1 competitor earns 2 Quotas and refuses one, the competitor is still eligible to compete at both events but there will be reallocation of unused Quota. So there might happen that in K1 regarding system of unsued Quota and reallocation will compete let's say 28 boats instead of 24 announced before qualification period. I guess they don't wanna really increase number of competitors in each event.