website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Just now, Monzanator said:

Does Macron even stand a chance of re-election himself? Guess he's been exposed as the gentry's puppet already? If world leaders consider him as a sitting duck nobody's gonna hold back in taking cheap shots at his wife :lol:

Well yeah, people who have 1% of decency do :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

now I know why some (or maybe all ?) Brazilian users here didn't want this guy to be elected. Trump is quite a gentleman comparing to him.

politics aside I respect someone like Macron who at least married someone he loves (even if she is 100 years older) much more than all those rich guys who marry several times with younger women and everybody knows those women are with them only because of their money and their position. :thumbdown:

@Griff88 I’ve read that you’re getting a new capital. Will you be relocating? Or do you live outside Jakarta?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

You ain't gonna find decency in politics. Even those seemingly decent people with ideas become overwhelmed by the power once they have it.

I guess I should change friends, then, as quite a bit of my friends are politicians of some kind... :mumble:

Just now, Agger said:

I guess I should change friends, then, as quite a bit of my friends are politicians of some kind... :mumble:

At least you have friends :p. If Totallympics is lost in the snap, I’m going to end up like Hawkeye (that isn’t a spoiler because the movie was released twice, and has been available on Amazon since August 1st. It ain’t my fault I spoil it for someone at this point)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Griff88 I’ve read that you’re getting a new capital. Will you be relocating? Or do you live outside Jakarta?

Well not yet, it is not official until it is approved by the parliament.

I don't think I will leave Jakarta, unless the city is suddenly overran by the religious fanatics. If that happen, relocating to the new capital (or somewhere near) will be much safer because the headhunting Dayaks will repel them from doing any disturbance there.

A interesting research was done by our  Institute for Public Affairs in our high schools.

The kids between the ages of 15 and 19 were asked to anonymously answer who they would not want to have as their neighbors.  positively, most have chosen extremist politicians. :yes also is quite encouraging that our youngs have no problems with Jews and Peoples of different skin color. :)

Spoiler

image.png

75% extremist politicians

61% Roma peoples (Gypsies)

59% Muslims

45% Refugees from countries affected by war and hunger

32% Long-term unemployed peoples

28% People of different sexual orientation

28% Foreigners from neighboring countries working in Slovakia

17% Jews

17% People of different skin color