website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Just now, heywoodu said:

Neither is British politics. Oh wait..

+1 for heywoodu house :champion:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Robert Mugabe, known as one of the more racist and overall horrible dictators ever, is dead. How sad. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Robert Mugabe is dead. How sad.

From what I read, African did lose both a positive influential figure and a man of gave into his lust for power. He was an interesting man nonetheless. I don’t know very many reasons as for why his life shouldn’t be remembered.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

From what I read, African did lose both a positive influential figure and a man of gave into his lust for power. He was an interesting man nonetheless. I don’t know very many reasons as for why his life shouldn’t be remembered.

His life should be remembered indeed, as example how not to do things. He was pretty much the exact opposite of the Apartheid, just as terribly racist but the other way around (among others, of course it wasn't only about skin color, also black people who happened to have the bad luck to be from another ethnic group were massacred in I believe the 80's). What started out as something good (get their independence) went awfully wrong pretty quickly.

One of the worst war criminals and breaker of simple human rights in history is now dead.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

His life should be remembered indeed, as example how not to do things. He was pretty much the exact opposite of the Apartheid, just as terribly racist but the other way around (among others, of course it wasn't only about skin color, also black people who happened to have the bad luck to be from another ethnic group were massacred in I believe the 80's). What started out as something good (get their independence) went awfully wrong pretty quickly.

One of the worst war criminals and breaker of simple human rights in history is now dead.

I did do some further reading as I definitely agree that he had a role to play in the Genocide. It’s unfortunate because I’m his early career and later in his life he showed much promise, but it just never materialized. What he did to the white minority is unfortunate, but I also think part of it was their fault. 

In terms of him being a war criminal, I’d say a case could be made. I will say that to be a African leader, war criminal is almost a must unfortunately. I think sometimes it’s not always fear to blame a leader too. Sometimes they do try to control their paramilitary and fail. I’d say that isn’t the case for him though. He definitely carried out a preemptive strike on a potential challenge in a very wrong and inhumane way.

I did do some further reading as I definitely agree that he had a role to play in the Genocide. It’s unfortunate because I’m his early career and later in his life he showed much promise, but it just never materialized. What he did to the white minority is unfortunate, but I also think part of it was their fault. 

In terms of him being a war criminal, I’d say a case could be made. I will say that to be a African leader, war criminal is almost a must unfortunately. I think sometimes it’s not always fear to blame a leader too. Sometimes they do try to control their paramilitary and fail. I’d say that isn’t the case for him though. He definitely carried out a preemptive strike on a potential challenge in a very wrong and inhumane way.

Not only to the white minority, but to everyone in the country basically. He took away their farms and literally within a few years he had to beg other countries for help, because - as everyone saw coming - it turned the economy to absolute shit, the Zimbabwe currency to arguably one of the weakest in world history and unemployment rates skyrocketed.

Mugabe was pretty much Africa's Adolf Hitler, one could say. I mean, both did some things that were pretty good (getting rid of colonizers, giving workers pretty decent rights), but overall they were just some of the worst scum to have ever walked the earth.

:ALG  fortunes find refuge in  :CAN 

many members of the mafia are transferring much money there , shame on you canada shaaaaame

they adore to live with dirty money whereever it comes from  , they call themselves democratic and countries of justice 71541StKQHL._UX385_.jpg

after Switzerland , Dubai , usa and now canada ....who is the next ?

while the poor people still protesting in the streets , the 29th Friday

21XX__Ai?format=jpg&name=600x314

Edited by bestmen

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

come on no GIF by Shalita Grant

7 hours ago, Dolby said:

come on no GIF by Shalita Grant

Give me the name of an African leader that hasn’t locked up his political rivals, shot at protesters, committed genocide, or started a civil war.

Give me the name of an African leader that hasn’t locked up his political rivals, shot at protesters, committed genocide, or started a civil war.

His name isn't springing to mind, but how about the leader (and his one or two predecessors) of Botswana, generally seen as one of the very rare stable African countries? 

Edited by heywoodu