website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

30 minutes ago, hckosice said:

A interesting research was done by our  Institute for Public Affairs in our high schools.

The kids between the ages of 15 and 19 were asked to anonymously answer who they would not want to have as their neighbors.  positively, most have chosen extremist politicians. :yes also is quite encouraging that our youngs have no problems with Jews and Peoples of different skin color. :)

Reveal hidden contents

75% extremist politicians

61% Roma peoples (Gypsies)

59% Muslims

45% Refugees from countries affected by war and hunger

32% Long-term unemployed peoples

28% People of different sexual orientation

28% Foreigners from neighboring countries working in Slovakia

17% Jews

17% People of different skin color

Well some of those figures are very good, but to be completely honest I really don’t care who lives next to me :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

A interesting research was done by our  Institute for Public Affairs in our high schools.

The kids between the ages of 15 and 19 were asked to anonymously answer who they would not want to have as their neighbors.  positively, most have chosen extremist politicians. :yes also is quite encouraging that our youngs have no problems with Jews and Peoples of different skin color. :)

Reveal hidden contents

75% extremist politicians

61% Roma peoples (Gypsies)

59% Muslims

45% Refugees from countries affected by war and hunger

32% Long-term unemployed peoples

28% Foreigners from neighboring countries working in Slovakia

17% Jews

17% People of different skin color

No negatives about Jews and people of different skin color but Gypsies & Muslims are right up there? That kinda cancels each other out :p 

Just now, bestmen said:

and how many people would not want to have Slovak as their neighbors ????????????

well, it depend, I have many slovak neighbors myself :p and some are fine, but some are really...yeah turning me mad, especially the young lady with her dogs and the young couple with their incredibly noisy and ultra-active child :d

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Imagine the horror if the man next door happens to have a male partner, your life would be destroyed. I mean, everyone knows gay guys will harrass every guy they see, so you better keep your pants up!

Spoiler

Ugh.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well some of those figures are very good, but to be completely honest I really don’t care who lives next to me :p

I definitely do :p 

On one side there's this kind old lady (and her old boyfriend a few days a week). Nice people, not like I go there often but a few times I visit them and it's nice.

On the other side there's (since a few months) a young family, whose children are loud, who yell at each other, who give their children noisy toys, who - first thing they did - built an ugly metal fence instead of the nice green 'separation' we used to have with our old neighbour and who have a dog that randomly barks during the day. Don't care much if they're black or white or green or red or purple or where they're from, I am just annoyed by them :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, hckosice said:

well, you always must search for the bad side in everything, right ? :d

Yes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, heywoodu said:

I definitely do :p 

On one side there's this kind old lady (and her old boyfriend a few days a week). Nice people, not like I go there often but a few times I visit them and it's nice.

On the other side there's (since a few months) a young family, whose children are loud, who yell at each other, who give their children noisy toys, who - first thing they did - built an ugly metal fence instead of the nice green 'separation' we used to have with our old neighbour and who have a dog that randomly barks during the day. Don't care much if they're black or white or green or red or purple or where they're from, I am just annoyed by them :p 

Yeah my neighbors just smoke pot, so the worst thing happening to me is getting second hand high :d. They do have a noisy ass dog though. I still try to be as friendly as I can to them. When I roller skate to university I wave to everyone on my way to a) be a decent person b) show them someone notices them c) raise me profile in the community d) let drivers know I’m on the edge of the street so they don’t kill me.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Imagine the horror if the man next door happens to have a male partner, your life would be destroyed. I mean, everyone knows gay guys will harrass every guy they see, so you better keep your pants up!

Hide contents

Ugh.

well, mine certainly not.

and again. 28% of the U19 generation is really a promising amount. Things are hopefully changing a lot, some years ago this number would be much much higher. you must look also from this side, we are speaking about Slovakia, such things were absolutely taboo decades ago. we are completely open to the world only some 30 years now, even the west countries needed much longer time to be open-minded