website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

At least Roeiseland will win 3 golds and the men at least 2 in the Biathlon as well, I think. Germany has to rely on Bobsleigh and Skeleton

Germany also has nordic combined + maybe biathlon/ski jumping. Hopefully the german women will also do well in the team sprint. I think it should be Hennig + Sauerbrey/Carl.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

11 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

At least the first three ladies have been around for a long time and have not been involved in anything so far, so one should be careful with such statements. Stepanova is more likely to be undescribed, although she has already won at junior level. With someone like Loginov it is something else, but not all athletes from Russia are doped.
Then the medals of Pellegrino and Stadlober would also be questionable, they also train in Russia.

Obviously. I think noone doubted that Stadlober likely isn't clean.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

11 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

At least Roeiseland will win 3 golds and the men at least 2 in the Biathlon as well, I think. Germany has to rely on Bobsleigh and Skeleton

I dont think that she will win 3 more individual golds, pursuit + maybe one of the other 2 individual races.

Women's 4x5km Team Relay
Final Results

:ROC ROC
Yulia Stupak
Natalia Nepryaeva
Tatiana Sorina
Veronika Stepanova
53:41.0

:GER Germany
Katherine Sauerbrey
Katharina Hennig
Victoria Carl
Sofie Krehl
53:59.2

:SWE Sweden
Maja Dahlqvist
Ebba Andersson
Frida Karlsson
Jonna Sundling
54:01.7

Full Final Result HERE

:NOR

Emil Iversen

Paal Golberg

Hans Christer Holund

Johannes Hoesflot Klaebo

I think that's pretty risky. Iversen hasn't run a race here yet and the results so far this season have been nothing. In addition, Paal Golberg on the second, who has not really convinced here so far. Russia has to be aggressive and put Bolshunov on two with Niskanen.

1 hour ago, JonPhi said:

At least the first three ladies have been around for a long time and have not been involved in anything so far, so one should be careful with such statements. Stepanova is more likely to be undescribed, although she has already won at junior level. With someone like Loginov it is something else, but not all athletes from Russia are doped.
Then the medals of Pellegrino and Stadlober would also be questionable, they also train in Russia.

actually, they don't train in Russia (but between Italy, Austria and Germany)...they have Markus Kramer as a coach (who also works with Ustyugov and the Russian ladies, but he's not responsible for the rest of most of the Russian males)...

Top 5 classic style legs:

Johaug 13:57.8

Hennig 14:00.6

Nepryaeva 14:06.4

Andersson 14:07.3

Faehndrich 14:12.9

Top 5 freestyle legs:

Sundling 12:24.8

Fossesholm 12:30.4

Niskanen 12:31.1

Stepanova 12:34.1

Carl  12:38.5