website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

So, Giannis is not playing for Greece which drops them in my opinion behind Italy in this part of the bracket. We still have a chance to reach semis, we just need to take care of business against weaker teams in the group stage and beat Italy to be 1st in the new group. If USA cruises to 1st place in their new group we could play against Greece or Lithuania for SF spot. We couldn't ask for much easier draw. Second part of the bracket is much tougher. But there will be surprises for sure. Teams without superstars and without much practice, anything could happen. 

21 hours ago, nenad said:

So, Giannis is not playing for Greece which drops them in my opinion behind Italy in this part of the bracket. We still have a chance to reach semis, we just need to take care of business against weaker teams in the group stage and beat Italy to be 1st in the new group. If USA cruises to 1st place in their new group we could play against Greece or Lithuania for SF spot. We couldn't ask for much easier draw. Second part of the bracket is much tougher. But there will be surprises for sure. Teams without superstars and without much practice, anything could happen. 

Lithuania also isnt in good status, they have a lot of absences and internal problems. Serbia could reach SF

ps please, don't tell me that :ITA in the top 4 would be a big surprise if we look at how's the situation of all the teams we have to face en route to reach that target (basically, :SRB to avoid the :USA in QTFs first and then :GRE or :LTU in the actual QTFs) :rolleyes:

oh, f*ck! I wrote it! just jinxed our (slim) hope! :facepalm:

50 minutes ago, nenad said:

Canada, USA, Germany, Spain, Italy all looking good in prep matches so far. 

What about France?

My current ranking:

USA

Canada

France

Australia

Spain

Germany

Italy

Serbia

Slovenia

Greece

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, George_D said:

this will be the place of Canada if they improve defence is my opinion

Getting Murray back would be huge for them. I think he would be more important for them than SGA. So far Barrett has impressed me the most. I think he can/will be a force against most teams (other than the US). Yesterday he looked much better than Franz Wagner, who will probably be one of the best wings at the tournament.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

France is there, but they lost two players and besides weak Lithuania team really didn't have a big test in prep matches. They would need to go over Canada and Spain for QF spot. For now, i would take these first two teams.