website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Well, with Jokić this team could fight for the medal and would be favorite to win a quota. Now... This list isn't final as well. Pokuševski and Jaramaz are injured, Stefan Jović has a family emergency and he is questionable. We don't have a true PG on the roster without him.. We could still reach SF if Giannis for example wouldn't play for Greece because this part of the bracket is pretty weak. But we could also easily lose to Italy and DR and miss QF. 

• 2 weeks later...

F2wnKhubsAA_PTJ?format=jpg&name=large

I went to the Indonesia leg of FIBA World Cup trophy tour. A bit uncommon choice of venue, a hard to access open plaza with a giant Freedom Monument as the backdrop. There are better and more iconic places than here.

By the time I arrived, there are only around 10-15 people, maybe as the sun sets more people will come.

:ITA beat both :SRB (89-88, yesterday) and :GRE (74-70, earlier today) in Athens in a couple of warm-up matches

I think that's somehow "dangerous" for us, creating too much hype for a team that's not good enough to get a remarkable result at the world cup, despite an easy route to quarterfinals