website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Really unbalanced draw. Germany will probably have to beat Spain or Canada to make the semifinal. Those 3 look like the strongest teams behind the US. Right now i would favor Spain and Canada to make the semifinal from that half. Germany, Spain, Canada and Australia might all be better than the 2nd best team (probably Serbia) in the other half. Germany vs. Spain might turn into the decider for the 2nd olympic spot. Sadly Germany has a very poor track record against Spain and avoiding them would mean Canada as an opponent (which isn't a better option).

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Really unbalanced draw. Germany will probably have to beat Spain or Canada to make the semifinal. Those 3 look like the strongest teams behind the US. Right now i would favor Spain and Canada to make the semifinal from that half. Germany, Spain, Canada and Australia might all be better than the 2nd best team (probably Serbia) in the other half. Germany vs. Spain might turn into the decider for the 2nd olympic spot. Sadly Germany has a very poor track record against Spain and avoiding them would mean Canada as an opponent (which isn't a better option).

This whole qualification system is just very unfair in general.

18 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I lost hope in Angola's qualification for the Olympics

Would be great to see Cameroon qualify, but not sure if that is still possible. Siakam + Embiid should be enough.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.