website statistics

Wrestling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

On 5/11/2016 at 19:22, dcro said:

Looks like no disqualification of Egypt in -97kg... At least not so far.

It was like that when I checked the page yesterday morning but now they also disqualified him and replaced him with Guinea Bissau

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/rio-2016

Gadzhiev has taken some portion of meldonium in october when it was legal...and he declared it. Concentration of meldonium in his blood confirms it from what i know. He is not suspended, he can start but.....his quota is taken from him and us...after last oqt...when we had 2 another oqt. This is a mess ans a bit unfair to him. And he would win with 1 hand with Bulgarian also without this small amount of meldonium.

The whole thing is questionable and WADA made a terrible mess

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

6 hours ago, Pavlo said:

Gadzhiev has taken some portion of meldonium in october when it was legal...and he declared it. Concentration of meldonium in his blood confirms it from what i know. He is not suspended, he can start but.....his quota is taken from him and us...after last oqt...when we had 2 another oqt. This is a mess ans a bit unfair to him. And he would win with 1 hand with Bulgarian also without this small amount of meldonium.

The whole thing is questionable and WADA made a terrible mess

From what I remember, studies have shown that meldonium stays in body for some 3 months, not 6 months... ;)

#banbestmen

With all the issues with drugging ....good to see we do not have any cases .........................  India is not the best countries as far as doping goes we have had a bad history especially our weightlifters but we have no cases of any wrestler  caught drugging so we have also benefitted now because of this ...... 2 quotas transferred ,...... total of 8 ...Indian wrestlers are  thrilled ...this is a record and a huge motivation for the GR and FW wrestlers 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

9 godzin temu, dcro napisał:

From what I remember, studies have shown that meldonium stays in body for some 3 months, not 6 months... ;)

hmm, maybe, in that case it all would be clear

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

• 2 weeks later...

Four Universality Places for Wrestling Awarded by IOC

The Olympic Games Tripartite Commission of the IOC this week announced the appointment of four Universality Places for athletes competing in wrestling events at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.

The selection includes wrestlers from Cambodia, Haiti, Honduras and Palau.

“Wrestling is a worldwide sport and these athletes will make the most of their opportunity in Rio,” said United World Wrestling president Nenad Lalovic. “The Universality program gives Olympic opportunity, and hope, to nations who otherwise may not have it.”

The commission awards 110 places in 16 individual sports, which are then made available for allocation to all eligible National Olympic Committees  

Asnage CASTELLY (HAI) will enter the 74kg in men’s freestyle along with Skilang Florian TEMENGIL (PLW) at 125kg. In women’s wrestling Sotheara CHOV (CAM) and Brenda Yamlyeth BAILEY GOMEZ (HON) will both be entered at 48kg.

The four Tripartite spots are a supplement to the 114 Greco-Roman, 108 women’s wrestling and 114 men’s freestyle positions earned during qualification. Four additional spots, typically reserved for the host country, will be determined by the Tripartite Commission and have yet to be decided.

source

men's freestyle

74 kg

Asnage CASTELLY (HAI)

125 kg

Florian TEMENGIL (PLW)

women's freestyle

48 kg

Sotheara CHOV (CAM)

Brenda Yamlyeth BAILEY GOMEZ (HON)

Edited by amiry2j