website statistics

Wrestling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

For unknown reasons they didnt publish the brackets yet. But in participants section you can see draw number which will shows us the final draw. Unless something weird happens there

Sourian got the worst possible draw ! Amoyan then Angelov rhen probably Korea and finally Tasmuradov or Modos in semies. While the top half looks much easier.

130kg draw looks balanced. Ghasemi has ARG then Lam of Hungary. Then UZB and probably Chogushvili in the semies. He is new to this level of competition so its hard for me to predict but he has to qualify.

i will write my whole preview later when they finalize the brackets

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

For unknown reasons they didnt publish the brackets yet. But in participants section you can see draw number which will shows us the final draw. Unless something weird happens there

Sourian got the worst possible draw ! Amoyan then Angelov rhen probably Korea and finally Tasmuradov or Modos in semies. While the top half looks much easier.

130kg draw looks balanced. Ghasemi has ARG then Lam of Hungary. Then UZB and probably Chogushvili in the semies. He is new to this level of competition so its hard for me to predict but he has to qualify.

i will write my whole preview later when they finalize the brackets

what do you think about Baran?

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

2 hours ago, Pavlo said:

what do you think about Baran?

Robert Baran ? 

I don't consider him a top favorite but he has his chance , this is a wide open competition in this weight, I give more chance to Asian wrestlers just because they are fresh

Edited by MHSN

50 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Still no draws, why are they doing it so slowly...

there are..., you have numbers next to the names

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

OK, looks like we won't get the official draw before tomorrow, so I have to write based on current unofficial brackets.

Top half is much easier, I see 6 wrestlers (out of 8) with good chance to qualify, my pick is Tsymbaliuk of Ukraine. then Ciobanu of Moldova, we also have Lashkhi and Berg here but both wrestled and failed in Serbia which decreases their chance

what about bottom half ?! we have 5 world/olympic medalists there, including defending Olympic Champion our Sourian, current Olympic bronze medalist Modos, 2013 World Champion Angelov and 4 times world/olympic medalist Amoyan. these 4 guys plus Tasmuradov are all favorites here. I can't make a prediction here but I really hope Sourian makes it here. winning gold in Rio will be easier than this !

Surprisingly Azerbaijan has no entry here, I read somewhere that Hassan Aliyev could not make weight ?! usually the top half is easier but not this time ! Demyankov, Croat guy, China and Lithuania they are all in the same side and will face each other before the 3rd round ! whoever survives there will have a good chance to qualify. in bottom half we have so many average wrestlers , really hard for me to pick a favorite here, maybe Yuksel (TUR) or Belarus guy ,we also have KAZ, POL and BUL here

in this weight my picks are Lithuania, Turkey and China.

Very good draw for Cebi of Turkey, even though he still has Belarus, Moldova and Sweden on his way, the Chinese guy Yang Bin is also good, he almost beat the Korean world champion in Asia.

we have a brutal draw in bottom half, Julfalakyan has to wrestle Bacsi and the winner will get the winner of Pyshkov and Zugaj, these 4 guys and Cebi could be my top 5 favorite wrestlers here !

I pick Armenia, Turkey and Hungary to qualify here.

I see 4-5 good wrestlers in top half, Zugaj, Hamzatov and the Kazakh guy, there is no weak wrestlers here, others also can surprise

bottom half is tougher as usual, Noumonvi has Turkey in first round , then probably Azizsir of Germany, we also have Janikowski here who was terrible in Serbia, Kazakevic, the Cuban guy , Armenia and Hrustanovic also have chance. even Georgia,

I pick France, Belarus and Germany here.

no clear favorite in top half , I give chance to JPN, ITA, BLR, CZE , even LTU. I thnk Hrabovik is slightly the favorite here.

we have Ohler, Nuriyev, Nielsen, Gerogia and few more guys here like Kazakhstan. also Schon of Sweden.

I pick Norway, Belarus and Germany here.

balanced draw this time. Euren is the clear favorite in top half China and Georgia can cause problem for him.

in bottom half Chugoshvili is the favorite on paper , I give good chance to our guy Ghasemi, this is our weakest weight in wrestling (probably the only weight we have no realistic chance for medal in Rio) he is not young but inexperienced in important tournaments. he really can beat these guys but I don't count on it.

I expect Sweden to qualify, nothing about the bottom half.

* Note: my predictions are based on latest shape of these wrestlers, but there is one very important factor, some of these wrestlers participated in Euro qualifier last weekend, maybe they are exhausted this is what we don't know . for example Noumonvi is good enough to qualify if he is in shape but I'm not sure if he is. wrestling is tough sport, these wrestlers are usually 6-7 kg heavier than their competition weight, they cut weight for the competition, and it's no easy to cut weight twice in 10 days.

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Will we even qualify in wrestling I wonder... Looks like we got tough draws as per usual.

I think You were really unlucky in Serbia to not qualify even one single wrestler. if you ask me your federation didn't play smart by sending some better wrestlers to Serbia, it was better to save some of them for this tournament , this is what some other countries did.

I think Nenad Zugaj has a good chance tomorrow,  Neven Zugaj has to survive the winner of Julfalakyan-Bacsi match which will be extremely hard . Janecic chance is also not that bad.like Neven Zugaj, if he wins his first two matches I think he will qualify.

Edited by MHSN

OK guys, if you are curious why UWW didn't publish the brackets yet, there is a simple answer, because there is a chance we have changes in some weights, apparently some wrestlers from some of their beloved countries could not make weight and failed, UWW gives them another chance to make weight (apparently on Friday morning) , which means they will probably add extra wrestlers to the list, which can change the bracket. it doesn't change draw number for the rest, so these changes won't be revolutionary.

we can wait couple of hours to have the finalized list, but it will be a big shame if they add someone else to the list, I knew they are corrupt but how much ! This is their simplest rule ! you can't make weight in the time of weight-in (which is exactly 30 minutes) you are out. no back door.

btw from what I heard, we will probably have changes in 66kg, not sure about the rest. we will see soon.