website statistics

Boxing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

I am very sad for Sarah Scheurich. Her only chance to qualify here was to reach the semifinal, because the girls from Sweden and Russia who finished ahead of her at the continental qualification tournament didnt compete here (very clever decision, but bad for Scheurich) and she had to fight against Shield from the US (number 1 seed) in the second round ...

I hope that we get at least one quota place on the womens side, considering how unlucky we have been so far.

Edit: I just found out that our best chance for a quota place has to fight against a girl from Kazakhstan in the quartefinal, so its time to say goodbye to the quota place, although she beat the number one seed in the last round.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

8 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Our boxer is facing World and Olympic champion Katie Taylor... she'll need a judges miracle to defeat her

Didn't Taylor recently get beaten in a huge upset as well? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Women's Boxing World Championships 2016 Olympic Quota:

Women's -51kg:

:FRA +1

:KAZ +1

:THA +1

:UKR +1 (Continental reallocation of Nicola Adams European quota)

Women's -60kg:

:FIN +1

:FRA +1

:IRL +1

:RUS +1

Women's -75kg:

:BRA +1 (Continental reallocation of Claressa Shields American quota)

:TPE +1

:GBR +1

:NED +1

Expected loss for Nimani, she wouldve deserved to be in Rio, but the draw killed her. In the end we will probably qualify more athletes for Rio all sports combined than i expected, but not the athletes that i wanted to qualify. My dream wouldve been to have about 300-350 athletes in Rio, we will have more in the end, but many athletes/teams who shouldve qualified didnt qualify.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.