website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

George_D

vor 2 Minuten schrieb zob79:

I completely agree; they're the worst Olympics since Moscova 1980

In 2012 i was really looking forward to 2016 olympics, but now i can see that even Sochi olympics were better. Its very sad to hear that there were so many empty places even during swimming finals, not to talk about sports like hockey or football. I also didnt feel much enthusiasm for the archery elimination rounds today and i thought that there would be many more people watching the road race. It just doesnt feel like real olympics. Sadly it should be even worse in 2018 and i dont care much about winter olympics anyway. I think 2020 will be great again and maybe i will go there. I am just disappointed that we will have 3 bad olympics in a row from 2014 to 2018 and 2022 wont be any better. I think we have to reduce costs for the olympics and only give them to countries where people are really enthusiastic about sport. I dont see any sense in giving winter olympics to countries like South Korea or China. 

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

In 2012 i was really looking forward to 2016 olympics, but now i can see that even Sochi olympics were better. Its very sad to hear that there were so many empty places even during swimming finals, not to talk about sports like hockey or football. I also didnt feel much enthusiasm for the archery elimination rounds today and i thought that there would be many more people watching the road race. It just doesnt feel like real olympics. Sadly it should be even worse in 2018 and i dont care much about winter olympics anyway. I think 2020 will be great again and maybe i will go there. I am just disappointed that we will have 3 bad olympics in a row from 2014 to 2018 and 2022 wont be any better. I think we have to reduce costs for the olympics and only give them to countries where people are really enthusiastic about sport. I dont see any sense in giving winter olympics to countries like South Korea or China. 

Man, these are exactly my thoughts, just like you were my twin brother :d

8 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I think we have to reduce costs for the olympics and only give them to countries where people are really enthusiastic about sport. I dont see any sense in giving winter olympics to countries like South Korea or China. 

Unfortunately I'm not very optimistic in this matter; the old corrupted dinosaurs from IOC will keep on giving the Olympics to third world mobsters who know how to...oil the engine, if you know what I mean :p

Edited by zob79

6 horas atrás, zob79 disse:

Man, these are exactly my thoughts, just like you were my twin brother :d

Archery and cycling have never been popular in Brazil and everybody knew that way before the Olympics were awarded to Rio. It might be somewhat surprising to some people that the swimming finals were not too crowded, but with no Brazilians with a chance to get a medal at the pool yesterday, it was not really a huge shock. And with all due respect, but do people really expect that a football match where, say, Fiji plays gets crowded in Brazil? I can't see how on Earth this would be possible, unless the whole population of Fiji decided to come watch the matches (and I still suspect there would be some empty seats nevertheless :p ). In the end, I think Rio will not see as many empty seats as in Athens, but we will see.

Edited by thiago_simoes

16 minutos atrás, dcro disse:

What is this? Đerek got 0.000 on vault :cry:

I can't believe this...

Sad. She also decided not to start on the uneven bars. I hope she performs on beam and floor so her Olympic experience will not be a completely wasted one. She deserves better.

About men's qualifications:

It was very exciting to see some unexpected performances! I didn't expect much from the United States, but they were great while some of the favorites got way behind really fast. The most surprising thing was, of course, Uchimura not qualifying in first to the all-around final. But we all knew Veriayev could make it to the top if he had a good day. Besides, Uchimura clearly underperformed, but I would not be too shocked now if he somehow loses the gold medal in the all-around this time. Larduet was a huge disappointment, but he still made it to a couple important finals. Getting a medal in any of the finals will be a lot harder than I originally thought, though.

I'm glad Tomás González made it to vault finals, even though Sasaki missed the cut. Vault finals will be unpredictable, and aside from Ri and Ablyazin being early favorites for gold and silver, literally anyone could snatch a medal. Floor finals will also be exciting, and High Bar should provide some excitement as well. The other finals will be slightly boring, with only 4 or 5 gymnasts with a real chance of getting a medal. The all-around competition will probably be my favorite event at the Olympics, since many great gymnasts made the cut despite some bad performances here and there. Kudos to Georgiou from Cyprus for making the cut. After being eliminated from two finals at the Youth Olympic Games (unfair when it comes to a personal point of view, but according to the rules), he made it to the finals at the big event. It's really heartwarming to see he was rewarded.

Also, I wish a speedy recovery to Samir Ait Said from France. It was so scary to see his broken shin bone hanging on from his leg, but he took it like it was nothing. What a brave man. He deserved to be on the Rings final, and it's really unfair that he injured himself after qualifying.