website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

this is getting interesting

https://uww.org/article/uww-sets-two-independent-panels-review-chamizo-bayramov-bout

if you ask me Chamizo's 300.000 dollars claim is a lie. I mean maybe someone in the arena really told him such a thing but if you accuse like this you have to give a name, who offered this ? just a random kid in Baku ?

I just can't believe they are willing to pay this much for a piece of crap like Bayramov just to win a quota. (which most probably won't be turned into a medal anyway)

Cuban wrestlers had a long history of accepting bribes. but Chamizo is not representing Cuba anymore and even Cubans never do it when it comes to the Olympics. 

it's very interesting they claim they are going to review that "challenge decision" are they going to throw Cicioglu under the buss ? but he made a big mistake, I'm not talking about the call, that wasn't a mistake, that was intentional cheating . but the mistake was doing it under the spotlight, against someone like Chamizo. that didn't worth it, CIcioglu exposed himself and maybe this time he is going to pay.

still it's hard for me to predict the outcome. but I won't be surprised if they somehow give a quota to Chamizo without taking Bayramov's

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

this is getting interesting

https://uww.org/article/uww-sets-two-independent-panels-review-chamizo-bayramov-bout

if you ask me Chamizo's 300.000 dollars claim is a lie. I mean maybe someone in the arena really told him such a thing but if you accuse like this you have to give a name, who offered this ? just a random kid in Baku ?

I just can't believe they are willing to pay this much for a piece of crap like Bayramov just to win a quota. (which most probably won't be turned into a medal anyway)

Cuban wrestlers had a long history of accepting bribes. but Chamizo is not representing Cuba anymore and even Cubans never do it when it comes to the Olympics. 

it's very interesting they claim they are going to review that "challenge decision" are they going to throw Cicioglu under the buss ? but he made a big mistake, I'm not talking about the call, that wasn't a mistake, that was intentional cheating . but the mistake was doing it under the spotlight, against someone like Chamizo. that didn't worth it, CIcioglu exposed himself and maybe this time he is going to pay.

still it's hard for me to predict the outcome. but I won't be surprised if they somehow give a quota to Chamizo without taking Bayramov's

the most obvious outcome ;)

and then, a 17-man weight class at the Olympics...it's just 1 man and 1 match more than expected and it's a decision that would save the ass of the whole wrestling sport

let's see if the IOC does accept that or if UWW is forced to cut a quota place from the last OQT :mumble:

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

the most obvious outcome ;)

and then, a 17-man weight class at the Olympics...it's just 1 man and 1 match more than expected and it's a decision that would save the ass of the whole wrestling sport

let's see if the IOC does accept that or if UWW is forced to cut a quota place from the last OQT :mumble:

They can't cut a quota. It's unfair for other athletes. Why should wrestlers from other continent pay for a mistake in Europe?

11 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

They can't cut a quota. It's unfair for other athletes. Why should wrestlers from other continent pay for a mistake in Europe?

as I wrote, I think they would make it a 17-man weight in Paris, but with the man in charge, the 1976 Fencing Olympic Champion himself, we can't just take it for granted...he's well capable to force the UWW to keep the number as in the original plan and this would only mean that they have to take 1 qualifying place away from the list...it's alway's the IOC last word that counts

I do not think it is a real problem - to add one quota. They added 2 quotas in 2016 as a result of several meldonium cases.

It is a question - what to do with UWW and this cheating. They create risks for wrestling as Olympic sports. The IOC will be happy to cut quotas in wrestling in favour of breaking and e t.c.

4 hours ago, MHSN said:

CIcioglu exposed himself and maybe this time he is going to pay.

It makes me believe that he got "payment" for this risk. I just cannot find another reasn