website statistics

Athletics WA Indoor World Championships 2024

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

:USA Hiltz on the podium with a silver :thumbdown::whistle:

For some added context, Hiltz is biologically a male, but has since then “transitioned to a female” (Hiltz is transgender)

Hiltz is still a male, regardless. Whatever gender you are born with is the gender that you keep for the rest of your life, and it’s either male or female. Now I’m not transphobic or anything (I couldn’t care less about what they do), I just find it incredibly unfair that she’s taking opportunities away from biological female athletes as a man pretending to be a women. I’m surprised that no women have spoken up about the matter. There’s no real solution for her situation though, if WA created a transgender category in sport the competition level would be ridiculously low, and I don’t see Hiltz agreeing to compete in the men’s events. 

Just my thoughts on the matter, obviously opinions will differ from person to person.  

13 minutes ago, Josh said:

For some added context, Hiltz is biologically a male, but has since then “transitioned to a female” (Hiltz is transgender)

I'd advise fact checking such things before making arguements against athletes... 

"Hiltz was assigned female at birth but doesn’t identify with either binary gender, rather identifying as nonbinary and using they/them pronouns."

Link: https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2021/06/17/transgender-athletes-olympics

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

35 minutes ago, Josh said:

:USA Hiltz on the podium with a silver :thumbdown::whistle:

Confusion over their gender aside, it's nice to see them getting some top results at the international level. They've been a popular runner on the domestic scene for a while, so I think a lot of people who bee happy to them qualify for the Olympics.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, Josh said:

Hiltz is still a male, regardless. Whatever gender you are born with is the gender that you keep for the rest of your life, and it’s either male or female. Now I’m not transphobic or anything (I couldn’t care less about what they do), I just find it incredibly unfair that she’s taking opportunities away from biological female athletes as a man pretending to be a women. I’m surprised that no women have spoken up about the matter. There’s no real solution for her situation though, if WA created a transgender category in sport the competition level would be ridiculously low, and I don’t see Hiltz agreeing to compete in the men’s events. 

Just my thoughts on the matter, obviously opinions will differ from person to person.  

This isn't correct, Hiltz was born female, identifies as "non-binary" but still competes in the women's division. There was a footballer called Quinn who was part of the :CAN team that won gold at the Olympics who was the same

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I'd advise fact checking such things before making arguements against athletes... 

"Hiltz was assigned female at birth but doesn’t identify with either binary gender, rather identifying as nonbinary and using they/them pronouns."

You’re right, I must’ve had Hiltz confused with another athlete. It’s now fine from my perspective that she competes in women’s events. But you can’t identify as non-binary, you’re either a male or a female and that’s that. Hiltz is a female. All the various pronouns (he/her/she/they/them/xer?) are bullshit.  

Edited by Josh

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

There is no such thing as ''assigned at birth'' unless your a hermaphadite,you are either a girl or a boy.I can declare that i'm a banana,that doesn't mean that i'm actually a banana and people have to just act like there's nothing weird with that.Also i don't know why you are bringing transgender into this.there's nonbinary[which i don't consider anything but a western invention].and there's being transgender which is an actual  proven thing,they are not the same thing,no matter how much non binary ''activists'' are trying to claim that they are. 

Edited by Biathlonfan