website statistics

Swimming 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Posted (edited)

First three days of the TYR Pro Swim Series Westmont are over, here are some of the highlight swims. 

#1: Regan Smith’s 200m Butterfly (2:04.80)

#2: Regan Smith’s 100m Backstroke (57.64)

#3: Torri Huske’s 100m Butterfly (56.13)

Edited by Josh

Kaylee saw Regan put up a 57.63 at the TYR Pro Swim Series Westmont and said hold my beer :p

:AUS McKeown clocks a 57.57 in the women’s 100m backstroke at the NSW State Open Championships! :hyper:

@dullard

Edited by Josh

22 minutes ago, Josh said:

Kaylee saw Regan put up a 57.63 at the TYR Pro Swim Series Westmont and said hold my beer :p

:AUS McKeown clocks a 57.57 in the women’s 100m backstroke at the NSW State Open Championships! :hyper:

@dullard

That coincidentally ties Regan's former WR.

Mollie's 58.71 was very impressive as well. She's never been 58 unrested before. It'll be sad if she goes a podium worthy time (57 high?) at trials and can't swim it in Paris.

It's been a pretty slow meet tbh. Seems like many of them are training through the meet but there have still been some fast swims mixed in. I might do up a list of noteworthy swims once it's over.

• 3 weeks later...

Bunch of big swims at the TYR Pro Swim Series San Antonio today. 

57.74 for :USA Regan Smith in the women’s 200m backstroke, 53.08 for :HUN Hubert Kos in the men’s 100m backstroke (new PB), 2:08.18 and 2:08.40 in the men’s 200m breaststroke for :USA Matt Fallon and :FRA Leon Marchand, and 2:19.89 for :USA Kate Douglass in the women’s 200m breaststroke :hyper::hyper: