website statistics

What is a rather unlikely Paris 2024 qualification quota / medal for your NOC, you would cherish the most?

Qualification: Mens basketball, womens rugby sevens, team in rhythmic gymnastics, anybody individual in artistic gymnastics, Wiktoria Dąbczyńska in badminton, womens quadruplle sculls in rowing, Nacra17 crew.

Medal: Sofia Ennaoui (1500m athletics), Ksawery Masiuk in any distance in swimming, Bryl/Łosiak in beach volleyball, (if they will qualify) then mens team sprint in track cycling.

Edited by rybak

6 hours ago, rybak said:

Łosiak/Kantor in beach volleyball

You mean Bryl/Łosiak? Łosiak isn’t partnered* up with Kantor. 

Edited by Josh
Was typing too quickly and didn’t realize I misspelled partnered.

5 hours ago, Josh said:

As for quotas, it’s an easy one, our women’s volleyball team. 

As for medalists, it’s quite unlikely, but probably our men’s volleyball team. If we played like we did in the Olympic Qualifiers, we might have a chance at a minor medal. Other ones would be FAA in men’s singles tennis (without 2022 RG I wouldn’t be including him), and Erin Brooks in women’s shortboard surfing (but she’ll need to get her citizenship in time to compete at the 2024 ISA Surf Games)

Edit: Another qualification hope is our men’s waterpolo team, but again quite unlikely. 

Also forgot to mention, in terms of qualification hopes, Scachter/Dearing in men’s beach volleyball and at least one of our field hockey teams (preferably our men)

Yes, Sofia Ennaoui in W 1500m, how could I forget her??? :facepalm:

And M beach volleyball - well, they got bronze this year so I wouldn't call their medal in Paris that "unlikely", although they are not very big favourites ofc. In my predictons i said they lose in QF but anything can happen and we can have 2 volleyball medals in Paris: both indoor and beach...

I would also add Pia Skrzyszowska in Athletics - W 100m Hurdles. I would cherish her medal a lot, but this medal is not "rather unlikely", it's "extremely unlikely" I'm afraid.

But if we have a thread for "an unlikely finalist you would cherish the most" - that's definitely her. If she is in the final, that would be as much fun for me as Ewa Swoboda in 100m final in Budapest.

Edited by rafalgorka

Rather unlikely, alright. If Churandy Martina gets a medal I swear I'm not gonna keep my eyes dry :p 

Individual medal for Liemarvin Bonevacia would be absolutely amazing as well. Both guys are true gold medal winners in terms of life attitude and overal source of inspiration. For example, I love Bonevacia's answer in Tokyo when, after the semi's (where he qualified for the final), he was asked about his 'prayer' before the race, asked if he was asking for help from above: "Not really, you're not gonna ask God to make other people have a bad race. I just asked, please, if today is my day, let my dream come true, if it's someone else's day, let their dream come true."

Just a minor example, they're just overall great guys.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!