Skeleton WC Innsbruck, Austria :AUT

Men

Gold- :GBR Matt Weston (1:44.84)

Silver- :KOR Seunggi Jung (1:44.99)

Bronze- :GER Felix Keisinger (1:45.16)

Full Results

Women

Gold- :NED Kimberley Bos (1:47.91)

Silver- :ITA Valentina Margaglio (1:48.07)

Bronze- :GBR Tabitha Stoecker (1:48.10)

:CAN Mihrela Rahneva 4th :cry:

Full Results

Edited by Josh

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

St Moritz this weekend!  :banana::thumbup:

The two usual races & a skeleton team event, all on Friday.  Team event sadly does not offer the same thrills as luge.

I really dislike the way they try to emulate the reaction start they have in luge. The reason it works so well in luge is because the race is fluid.

Still happy there is a team event in skeleton, it just can’t really measure up to the team event in luge. I think the format would work better if they just made it a two heat race with one gender per heat and the second heat going from slowest to fastest.

9 hours ago, NearPup said:

Still happy there is a team event in skeleton

Why, though? :p 

There is like literally zero teamwork in it...skeleton is inherently an individual sport, simply adding the times of two individuals doesn't really make it a team thing :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

There is like literally zero teamwork in it...skeleton is inherently an individual sport, simply adding the times of two individuals doesn't really make it a team thing :p 

I like team events :P

The only team events in the winter Olympics where there is truly teamwork involves (excluding curling and hockey) are the short track relays and the team pursuit in speed skating, everything else is essentially just adding up times or scores.

27 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I like team events :P

The only team events in the winter Olympics where there is truly teamwork involves (excluding curling and hockey) are the short track relays and the team pursuit in speed skating, everything else is essentially just adding up times or scores.

I do like team events, as long as they add a team element :p 

Personally I count relays with physical contact in that list as well, like indeed the short track relay but also athletics relays and, alright, swimming (since actual physical contact as means of exchange doesn't work of course, but they do stand as a team instead of separate entities). Not like the godawful mixed relay in road cycling, where the men and women regularly don't even see each other the entire day of the race....how is that even remotely a 'team' thing :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Have you ever seen the team event for snowboard cross?  Would be the most pointless event ever if :GBR did not regularly win it.

Anyway, should mention for those who don’t know that these mixed team events exist only because Thomas Bacholympicgoldmedallistfencing1976 is willing to give out extra* gold medals for them.

*Normally to get a new gold medal event federations must drop an existing event, hence lost events like the men's kilo TT in track cycling, men's canoe slalom pairs etc. 

Edited by Grassmarket

4 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday.  There is no YT live stream for the two solo skeleton events today but there is for the team event.  Very odd. 

Actually there is one. It just doesn't seem to be displayed anywhere. I tried several locations, geoblocking every time.